Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air doesn't show body fat percentage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just a quick question regarding my new Aria Air scale. I was finally able to get it to sync with my phone and my Fitbit app. The weight comes through just fine but the body fat percentage does not populate in the body fat% field on the app. 

The scale was touted as being able to calculate this, and to determine the percentages with the help of the app. I had to manually figure out my body fat percentage and add it to my app. What is the procedure for having this information filled in automatically by the scale? Have I missed a setup step in either the app or the scale? 

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

The BMI is on the app, always has been. The promotion for these scales does indicate it shows on the scales which it doesn't. 

Best Answer

What a waste; even the less expensive **ahem** scale calculated % Body Fat. Had I known, I NEVER would have purchased this scale.

Best Answer

How do I return my scale.

Agree I think it’s crap do you have the return information.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thank you for this information! I was on the brink of returning the scale because of the missing BMI data. You would think that it shows up in the daily weight log, but I was able to find it exactly where you said. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm similar a build to you, 5'7" 210 lbs.  I have a 34-36 inch waist.  I have lots of muscles.  The BMI calculation is depressing.  I wish I can find a device that tells me with reasonable accuracy how much lean muscle I have versus body fat.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cardiologist told me that BMI is a useless measurement because it doesn't consider muscle mass. She doesn't measure it at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was calculating the body fat percentage the first few days I had it and the people in support are TELLING me I manually entered it. I CANNOT update what aria enters so no the f I did not. They are rude. I’m about to switch from Fitbit to an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
Hey
Thank you for responding to my post!
It's infuriating that the Aria doesn't calculate BMI. I swear in the ads I
saw it claimed to calculate BMI. I don't know. I'm in an Android family so
I'll never switch to Apple but possibly to I think it's called Whoop. I
doubt it though. LoL. I'm too lazy.
Thank you again for your reply 🙂
Best Answer

So which Aria scale calculates body fat?

Best Answer

There are no Aria scales that measure body fat since the Aria 2 was discontinued.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Has-the-Aria-2-been-officially-discontinued/m-p/4456433#...

Best Answer

I’m glad i didn’t buy any Aria scales because my old one has everything in it: body fat, water, BMI, weight,... All i have to do is use a different app to keep track of everything and the weight i can put in manually in the Fitbit app on my iPhone. So I’ve basically saved myself from wasting money. Phew!!

Best Answer

I am afraid I must disagree?? 

In the 10 days I have been using aria air - it has calculated my body fat % - only once, on day 4, but it has shown up on the weight screen, next to my weight...

Did I do something different? or has an anomaly occurred?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does, but only shows up in the app.

It only shows up on the app next to your weight.

Best Answer

I totally agree.  Just got the Aria as a gift.  On the back of the box it says "send stats to the Fitbit app where you can check your BMI" .  My weight has gone to the Fitbit App but there is no record of my BMI.  I do think Fitbit has been misleading here.  (I just wasted over an hour trying to get the BMI to come up.  Also when you look at the scale display there is a BMI blurred out signal.)  Really disappointed.

Hello where does the body fat appear.  Is it in the graph that you see the body fat?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue!

Best Answer

Same here! Mine were also a Christmas present, disappointed with how basic they are but I do like hiw it feeds through to the app. Seems strange as you can see where it says BMI etc in the background of the screen on the scales. 

Best Answer

I just got the Aria Air because my original Aria stopped working.  I was shocked to find out that it does not measure bodyfat percentage!  I just assumed since it was the latest scale, it had all the previous features, plus!

Best Answer

It's terrible isn't it! Not worth the £50 mu sister paid for it!

Best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Yes it's very disappointing!! I got mine as a birthday gift and didn't find filing for a return until the I believe three week time period I had to return it was up!! 

I probably would have wanted a scale that has all the bells and whistles, not just weight. And, they're about the same price!!

✌️

Best Answer

Indeed quite ridiculous that the latest Aria scale doesn't do a simple bodyfat reading and upload it into the Fitbit app.  I'm also not keen on the Bluetooth system where you need to have your phone and Fitbit app open to record the reading.

Why did they move away from the Wi-Fi option where there was uploaded directly to the Fitbit account?

I just sent my Aria Air back and will use another more capable scale and input the readings manually into my app.

Best Answer