Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air doesn't show body fat percentage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just a quick question regarding my new Aria Air scale. I was finally able to get it to sync with my phone and my Fitbit app. The weight comes through just fine but the body fat percentage does not populate in the body fat% field on the app. 

The scale was touted as being able to calculate this, and to determine the percentages with the help of the app. I had to manually figure out my body fat percentage and add it to my app. What is the procedure for having this information filled in automatically by the scale? Have I missed a setup step in either the app or the scale? 

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Agreed, I just got mine last week and have been trying to figure out how it tells the body fat, water weight etc- I only just found out that it doesn’t do any of those things- not worth the money 

Best Answer

I have an Aria Air scale that my wife and myself both use on our own Fitbit accounts. On her Fitbit account it shows both fat percentage and BMI. On my account it only shows  BMI. Why? I have an iPhone 10R and my wife has a iPhone 6 but both have the same IOS. 

Best Answer
It only shows a calculated BMI- I spoke to the Fitbit people and that’s all that it is capable of doing- so I’m returning it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Aria Air does not  does NOT show % body fat in the app.  I bought the Aria to replace a Renpho scale that I gave to my friend -wish I hadn't.  The cheaper scale provided more details!

Best Answer

I bought one online to replace my first Aria (as it didn't support WPA2 and could not connect to my new router), assuming that it would have at least the same functionalities, as everyone here. As everyone of you, I didn't pay too much attention to the difference between BMI and fat percentage.

Instead, I found just a cheap bluetooth scale that the only thing it did was reporting the weight via bluetooth to the app.

Needless to say that I returned it immediately.

I'm still using the old Aria and I'm typing the values by hand in the app, which is perfectly doable if you weigh like once a week.

I suggest that you all do the same with any existing scale that tracks body fat, until Fitbit, one day, maybe, creates a decent replacement for the Aria/Aira 2.

Best Answer

I beg to differ!  I found the answer to this question to be insulting and dismissive!  The feature information on the Aria Air page indeed does state the following:  

• Track Weight Data and More 

Tracks more than weight by showing your BMI in the Fitbit app.

I did not misunderstand.  I purchased this product based on the features 'touted.'  Please explain!!

Best Answer

@ShaSha2141 

BMI is NOT body fat %. BMI is the Body/Mass index. It is calculated by dividing your weight by your height (squared).

So, once you enter your height in the app, the scale measures your weight, sends it to the app, which then calculates your BMI.

Nowhere is written that the scale would measure your body fat %.

Is it a bad product? Yes, because, for the same price, you can get other scales that can do it.

But yes, you misunderstood the specifications (as I did myself).

Best Answer

That's very disappointing. I just bought the Aria Air after my original Aria stopped properly syncing (it would say "No Sync" on the scale, but log my weight multiple times on the app). I should've been more suspicious about the scale when I saw the price (the original Aria was $129).

Looking on the bright side, at least I no longer have to take off my socks to weigh myself. 🤣

Best Answer

I just received my Aria Air Scale and am wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell, it does nothing but weight. My cheap $25 scale had more to offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Mine was a gift but it's the biggest piece of junk. Nothing works. Mine won't it even read my weight correctly anymore...just says same thing every day which I'm checking against my old scale. Waste of money!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not buy the Aria Air. Better to spend 20$ on a cheap scale. 

If you look at the screen off-center it has the ability to show more body analysis but Fitbit has it suppressed.  It will sync your lean mass and fat mass to the app but for whatever reason Fitbit will not calculate/measure your BF% on to the app. 

Best Answer

So that means that there is no scale from FitBit that calculates body fat? 

Best Answer

Quite literally the only reason I splurged on this scale. Mismarketing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too. The advert clearly stated that it calculated BMI & a body fat percentage. Yet I get nothing on mine, I get what I weigh but that's it. My husbands calculates body fat % but mine doesn't. Have been through everything trying to figure out how but can't get anywhere but disappointed as we spent a lot on this and it doesn't do what it was advertised too.

Best Answer

I agree.  I was using a weight watchers scale that I have had for years that measures weight, body water, body fat, fat pounds and bone mass.  I entered the data manually into my fitbit and a journal that I have been using daily for over a year to help me track weight loss.  I thought that this scale would do all of the same but enter the information into my fitbit app automatically.  I am very disappointed, it is a pricey scale that doesnt do very much.

Best Answer

I found your answer to this question to be insulting and dismissive!  The lack of humanity in your reply is DISGUSTING. 

This scale is a HUGE disappointment to what seems like every purchaser here. Shame on Fitbit for this marketing SCAM to sell a crappy featureless scale. 

RETURNING ASAP. 

Best Answer

Hi @ShaSha2141 ! In the app go to the weight screen. Up at the top, scroll the screen to the right a few times and you should see your BMI. 

I'm still disappointed in the product, but I was able to locate the BMI that way. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Answer

The older "Aria 2" model does measure body fat percentage. It's a great scale!

Why does the newer scale have less features?  Nobody but Fitbit knows that, and I won't be buying the new scale because of this silly deprecation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry but no. This is misrepresentation and false marketing. Shame on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your listing on Amazon says: 

"Fitbit Aria Air Bluetooth Digital Body Weight and BMI Smart Scale"

This is a clear misrepresentation and I'm reporting it to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau. Shame on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes