Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air not auto syncing weight on app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought the aria air. It has paired with my phone ok but my weight does not auto sync. I have tried logging in and out of the app etc. How do I get the aria air to auto sync my weight. This will be returned if that function does not work as what’s the point in manually adding your weight, that’s what I did with my old scales! Thank you for any help. Remember I have already logged off and on again. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone and to our new members, welcome to the forums.

Thanks for your feedback and efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry you've had this experience and if by any chance your Aria Air won't sync correctly, please give a try to the steps described in this help article.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If by any chance you have a different question, I'd encourage you to create a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from our Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find more information about our products, features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

Hi @Guitarkid89 

I am sorry to hear you are having syncing issues.  Have you tried the following steps?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer

Do you have your phone nearby with the fitbit app open when you are on the scale? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes I have tried all the advice and steps it’s just simply not syncing my weight. I am a UK user and it seems to be a problem for everyone over here. Using iPhone 7 with latest IOS and most up to date version of Fitbit app 

Best Answer

Im in the UK aswell mine syncs everytime. Mine has other problems nobody seems to be able to help with it, the app thinks it isn't setup and constantly tells me to set it up even though it is and sends the weight over. It also constabtly changes my unit settings from stone to just pounds on the app.

I genuinely don't think they do any testing before putting these scales on the market. 

Best Answer

I’m in NZ, also on iPhone 7, and also can’t sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue but on a Huawei p20 pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my scale (May 2020) and I'm having the same issues! 

Best Answer

I just got mine - same issue, only synced the initial setup

Did you get it resolved?

Best Answer

I got mine resolved. I contacted FitBit support. They had me take out the battery for 10 secs then add the device as new again. Try that. If not they may need to do something on their end first? You also have to make sure your app and watch are updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem ( Canada) scale works fine, but will not sync! Grrrrr

Best Answer

Identical situation. My scale only syncs once (the first time after set up) and won't do it again. Regret this purchase. 

Best Answer

Just got mine. I can get it sync after I jump through a few hoops. By that point I could have Logged it manually and been on my way.  IT's advertised Instructed and even a few YouTube video reviews show all you need to do is 1 start app, 2 step on scale, 3 save results. this all after set up of course.

I found (on android both a pixel4 and S9) you have to do the following to get it to log.

1. start app

2 go tap the + on the weight tile

3.wake scale (step on it briefly)

4 wait for bluetooth connection

5 fully step on scale

6 when orange circle with check shows step off scale

7. Step back on and it logs weight.

Edit:7/16/2020 I found out that i have to force quit the app then open it.

Best Answer

1. How do you know when the Bluetooth is connected
2.  Where do you see the orange circle 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

you know if Bluetooth is connected by the "light" on the scale. The orange circle with the check mark shows up after the screen that asks you to step on the scale.

I have only got it work a couple times so far but this is the best i came up with after doing all the "fixes".

Best Answer

I recently bought an Aria Air as well and have had the same issue too. I have a Pixel 3XL phone and my Aria Air never syncs my weight with the phone. I always have to restart the phone for each weigh-in for it to finally sync or I have to completely remove and re-pair the scale with my phone's fitbit app. FitBit did a very poor job with this product. I am considering returning this product to go for a different brand instead. I do not recommend this product.

Best Answer

Yup. Same issue. I'm really tired of trying to figure this out.

Best Answer

Here's what I figured out works. 

1 force quit app

2 wake scale

3 use log weight shortcut or open app get log weight

4 step on scale

5 if app changes step off scale if not start over

6 step on scale

7 tap save

This looks like it is more of an app issue not scale issue, imo.

Best Answer

Thank you. I'll try this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, that worked, but I don't think all that should have to be done. What's the point of having it when I could enter it manually just as easily.

Best Answer