Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air not recording BMI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently purchased an Aria Air but am unable to record my BMI or Body Fat. This is my first FitBit device so I created a new account, entered details of my age, height and sex and followed the instructions in the Android App. The scales connected to my Android mobile successfully and when I step onto the scales barefooted my weight is transferred to the mobile app.

The very first time I weighed myself, the app also recorded a Body Fat % (although 4% lower than my previous scales) but no BMI. Subsequent weighs have only recorded my weight.

I've tried resetting the scales and re-connecting with the app but still only see my weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Aria Air measures only weight, not body fat %.  I don't know any way it could have ever shown you body fat %.  The other scales can, but not the Aria Air.

BMI is calculated from weight and height, and can be seen in the app.

Tap the Today tab > weight tile. Swipe left on the graph at the top to see your BMI data. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

The Aria Air measures only weight, not body fat %.  I don't know any way it could have ever shown you body fat %.  The other scales can, but not the Aria Air.

BMI is calculated from weight and height, and can be seen in the app.

Tap the Today tab > weight tile. Swipe left on the graph at the top to see your BMI data. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks Jonny, that was well hidden. Was expecting to see it in the log list next to the weight and where I see 1 rogue body fat entry.

Also, I guess I should have paid more attention to the small print, the distinction between calculation and measurement isn't clear in the product description or some of the reviews I read.

Best Answer

How can someone puts this as "solved" when clearly its not...

Can you explain how the number will show up if whe we weigh it puts it self to 0? 

Screenshot_20201006-083216_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes