Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air readings are way off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit air scales readings are way off. 

the scale was working fine a week ago, all that has changed is the batteries to my knowledge. I weigh about 230 - 240 lb. and when I step on the scale it reads me at 153 which is wildly inaccurate (I wish it wasn't). any way I have attempted to fix the issue by doing a factory reset: touch unit button duration 5 Sec until oTa displays followed by touching unit button for duration 5 sec until clr displays. this did not work.

I also removed the batteries for duration of 15 seconds in attempt to reset, this did not work. 

I have also verified I'm using the correct unit of measure.

I have owned the scale for about a year and this is the first issue I have had with it. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this issue.

-ken

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Same here.  It just started about a week ago.  I weight 190, and my wife is (close :-D).  Both of us are showing as 106 on the scale, give or take a few pounds.  We store it vertically when not in use, not sure if that had something to do with it.  Also did the reset and re-paired it to the app.  No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got mine and it seems to be reading 16 pounds heavy. When you step just hard enough to wake it up and take your foot off, it settles at 16.0 lbs every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with my scale.   I had not been on it for about 2 months.  I was on it 7 times and it gave me 4 different weights.   I went on another scale and verified what it should be reading.   I went on it the next day, and it didn't even come close to what I weighted.   I went on it again this morning and it was reading 24 lbs less than I was on Sunday!   How can I fix this?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took 2 of 3 batteries out for about 30 seconds and put them back in. Seems to have done the trick...so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has just happened to me as well.  I am seeing a difference of 40 to 50 pounds each day.  I have changed to batteries, taken the batteries out for several minutes, did a reset but have had no luck.  Did anyone on here ever ger a reply to their problem and how to fix it?  Now when I step on it , it shows a weight followed by ------ and then the screen goes black.  Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

just received brand new Aria Air scales, they are over by around 150lb, waiting on a response from Fitbit but not a good start.

Best Answer
0 Votes