Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air stopped showing BMI% on the main screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When first used the scales it showed the BMI% on the capture screen but would not show it in the app.

Now it won't even show it in the capture screen.

What has caused this?

How can I get it to display?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JayTee13 and welcome to the Community.  Can you please clarify and/or rephrase your question?  You wrote confusing and contradictory statements.

• You wrote BMI%, but BMI is a calculation that uses height and weight.  The "%" is used with percent body fat.
  • The Aria Air doesn't measure percent body fat.  It doesn't have the hardware.
  • The Aria Air displays weight only.  BMI is calculated in the app after you weigh yourself and accept the reading.
  • The Aria and Aria 2 can display percent body fat.  I use an Aria 2 and those display settings are in the Fitbit app.

How do I use my Fitbit scale? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @LZeeW .

Many thanks for the reply.

Understand the confusion. So to clarify..

When I started to use the Aria Air, the pop up screen that shows the capture of your weight also included a line that showed % Body Fat (so my assumption was this value had come from the Aria Air).

Now that you have clarified it is something calculated in the app - the question then becomes why is it no longer showing? What has changed on the app (I cannot recall making any changes) that is preventing this value from being shown/calculated now?

any ideas?

thanks

J.T.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayTee13   Were you using an Aria or Aria 2 before buying the Aria Air?  I have an Aria 2 and an Aria Air.  I got the Aria Air when it was released.  I don't remember ever seeing am percent body fat in the Aria Air pop up.  It's not there now, only weight.  Sometimes I see a percent body fat in the Fitbit app Weight log, but it looks like a carryover from an Aria 2 weigh in.  I don't have a good answer for you, other than weird stuff happens.

Please check on one thing.  Your scale might be new to you, but you don't know when it was manufactured.  There was a firmware update.  This didn't show up as a banner on my Fitbit app, like a device firmware update.  I read about it and found it in my phone's App Store.  Very different from every other Fitbit firmware update.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer