Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air syncs to iPhone but not Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new scale and set up using my husband's iPhone - works beautifully and as it should per the instructions.

He sent me an invite, I accepted and the Aria Air shows on my profile.  I step on the scale with my phone open as directed and nothing - no weight, no save, no nothing on my phone.  I've checked my dashboard and nothing there either.  When I open the weight page it tells me to step on the scale to sync, but nothing happens.

I've read every topic I can find before posting - and force closed the app, reset my phone, etc. - but can't find a solution. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I had the same problem. If you click on the "+" button in the upper right of the screen and then step on the scale it will record your weight. Not as ideal as for the iPhone users who have it automatically done but still better than manually inputting it.

Update 1/1/23: I was able to input my weight the same way yesterday but now my scale won't sync even though I have restarted everything and uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Still won't sync in the slightest. Probably going to return it after 3 days use. Smh

Best Answer

Have the same issue. Got Android (Google Pixel 6)

Yesterday morning weigh in did not start sync

- Restarted phone and it did help.

This morning, same issue

Force quit the Fitbit App and it did help

Firmware 

Also found out there is an App for updating the scale firmware from Fitbit. In my case no update was needed.

iPhone

Have one, will test if it reacts better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@willow028 is this happening, even when your husband's phone is not nearby? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACTLY the same issue I came to report. First user to setup has an iPhone, it works perfectly. Second person has an Android and the sync only worked one time AND the weight had to be manually entered. 😑 Since that initial attempt at sync, nothing at all.

Best Answer

Been in Twitter chat support with Fitbit now.

They told me to reset the scale in two steps. 

1. Hold the button underneath till OTA appears.

2. Then press it again for five seconds till CLR appears.

I tried to register weight with both my wife's phone and mine (Pixel 6 and 5a) with a positive result.

Will try to replicate tomorrow to see what happens.

Note. It was a little bit tricky to get the CLR message. Had to redo step 1 three times and make a perfect timing for second CLR push.

Best Answer

Yes. 

Got some info from the Fitbit support team 30 min ago to reset the scale in 2 steps (see post below how to). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

NOPE....still same issue this morning. Have to force quit app to get it to log weight...😡

Best Answer

So ~ update ~ before I posted the first time, I did reset - twice - and reset up - but I want his phone to be the main phone the scale syncs to, so did it the same way both times.

His phone has worked every day.  Mine worked on Friday when he wasn't home.  Didn't work Saturday-Monday.  Figured maybe it was because the iPhone was nearby, so tried this morning after he left for work.  Nope, that wasn't it.  

Still syncs to iPhone fine but will not sync to Android.  I've tried closing out everything and starting my phone fresh in the morning - nope.

Any other ideas?  Appreciate the ones above as well as hearing from others that I'm not alone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - thought removing his phone might help, but it didn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an open chat with the support team. No response from them since 8:13 pm yesterday. 

There is a section on the Fitbit web where you can post feature suggestions. Not sure if it's meant to be used for getting attention to a fix like WE want, but I imagine, sice people can cast a vote/upvote a post there it might be a tactic to get heard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have posted a suggestion now. Awaiting to see if it gets qualified. Will share link if it passes moderation....and then we can post the link in every similar forum thread, hoping to get people to up vote it.

I'll give it a few days and if no response from support I will try to get my mone back.

Thank you for sharing your suggestion! Our Moderation Team will review your submission soon.

Best Answer

Update. The scale has been working for me the past two days (morning weigh ins), but not for my wife. I´ve been the one who steps up first on the scale in the mornings. Now she´s the one who has to force-quit her Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Update: Worked yesterday doing nothing different, other than my husband wasn't home. Today he turned his phone off before I got on the scale - and didn't work.

The only thing I can determine is if I come in here and complain, it works the next day. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like the "feature suggestion" did not qualify. This administrator created a new post on the forum instead with my written content. Hahaha, this is hilarious. Seems to me they don´t want to acknowledge this as something that is broken and just relying on standard answers which they copy and paste as replies. The only thing the support does is answer things like

• "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Do the OTA and CLR-thing - page 12 in the manual
  • "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Try this guide for setting up your scale (link)
  • "Your account shows that there is no currently paired scale for your Fitbit account, please try set up your scale (another link)

Best Answer

Same issues here, Fitbit support seems very crappy. Hoping now that Google owns them that maybe they will improve 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reply from support January 7th 2023

----

Thanks. We verified that this is a known issue, and we're currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. In the meantime, we recommend keeping your Fitbit device and app up-to-date. Thanks for your patience while we work to get you back on track, and let us know if you have any other questions.

----end quote 

Does anyone know for how long this has been an issue? 

Hopefully the Dev team will fix this. Let's hope for the best.

Best Answer

So when I was reading the instructions for the scale it said to open the app and then step on the scale. However, 2 days in a row now if I step on the scale, get my weight, and then open the fitbit app it will log my weight automatically with my android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - return for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an Aria Air rather than another scale that claimed it worked with the Fitbit app thinking if it's made by Fitbit, it has to work better.  I had tried clicking on the + symbol and it didn't work. but, so far, it hasn't work very well. The only way I've got it to work is to force stop the Fitbit app.  I'll try the + symbol tomorrow. The sad part is that I should have looked on this forum before buying it - this has been going on for more than a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes