Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't measure body fat percentage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With some difficulty, I managed to get my brand-new Fitbit Aria Air to PARTIALLY sync with my relatively new Fitbit Versa watch: the scales are picking up my weight in kg and calculating my BMI but my body fat percentage is no longer being recorded.

What should I do to get my body fat percentage recorded?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm surprised the Aria Air ever did record your body fat percentage. As you can see in the chart at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fitbit_products#Fitness_tracker_comparison the Air model does not support that function.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'm surprised the Aria Air ever did record your body fat percentage. As you can see in the chart at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fitbit_products#Fitness_tracker_comparison the Air model does not support that function.

Best Answer

Two things.

First: The Wiki link you provided isn't Fitbit official information. Even so the WiKi shows the air as tracking BMI anyway.

Second: On the "Specs" on the official fitbit website it says it tracks BMI. 

JP
Best Answer

@JPWhite It does track BMI (Body Mass Index) as that's a simple calculation using height and weight and you can see the results in the app. What it does not track is Body Fat Percentage.

I use the Wiki site as Fitbit are, understandably, focussed on documenting what their products do, rather than what they don't do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand from reading the posts that the Aria Air doesn’t provide % Body Fat. My wife and I use the same scale and her app shows her % Body Fat every time she weighs. Can you help explain this? We don’t use any other FitBit products

Best Answer

Also seeing Aria Air entry in the app with % body fat filled in after accepting data from the scale.

Best Answer