Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't pair with my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly the scale won't pair with either droid phone. Not that hard to type in but is this just the start? Only had it since beginning of January.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

What happens when you open the app? And weigh yourself. 

Trying to pair through the phones Bluetooth should be rejected by scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Usually when I open the app and then step on the scale, nothing happens.  Like this morning.  But Tuesday morning, the app was open, I stepped on the scale and my weight synced.  So it's entirely random now when before it wasn't.  If the app was open, I stepped on the scale, it would sync.  

I believe my husband's phone is now syncing every time though.

Best Answer

Why do you say that trying to connect through the phones Bluetooth the scale should be rejected? I thought that was the proper way to sync...but I still have problems with it in this manner. My phone is near by, open to the fitbit app on the today tab and the sync isn't happening. 

Best Answer

Because the Aira Air has a Low Energy Bluetooth and all setup must be done through the Fitbit app. 

Once the Aira Air has been setup to your Fitbit Account, the Fitbit App will pair the Aira Air to the phones Bluetooth. This is no different than any other Fitbit. 

So what you are saying is the Fitbit app is open, you way your self, the Aira Air then gives you an error of some type? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No error, just doesn't record the weight or even ask me to save it. If I'm not in the app but trying to pair in the Bluetooth scan screen that is when it says it is rejecting pairing.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

This is happening to me too. Stumbled upon this hoping for an answer but this has been open for a while with no response. Did it ever get fixed?

Best Answer

Yes @Rachelmomof6 this is a Bluetooth Low Energy device and you will not be able to pair through the Bluetooth settings. 

You must first setup the Aria Air using the Fitbit App. Once setup the Fitbit App will ask for permission to pair through the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes