Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't sync if Fitbit app is open

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There seems to be an issue with the app. I have just had to get in the habit of force stopping the app every morning before getting on the scales. Kinda a hassle but that's the only thing I have to reset. Watch sync works perfectly. Hope Fitbit can get the app straightened out to work better with the scales.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

That's what I started doing as well and it will sync after force stopping the app. 

Best Answer

I probably should have done more research first, but just got an Aria Air and it works exactly as posted here - syncs perfectly once after set-up (and if I redo the set-up) but not again, unless I force quit and re-open the app.

Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy S10. I bought the scale from Amazon (Fitbit store), in case that would make a difference. I would so love to see this fixed!

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  So frustrating!  Now that it has been established the we are using the correct version of the app, it would be nice if Fitbit would respond again.

Best Answer

I really wish they would respond too. I used to think that Fitbit was a good platform to get on but these recent experiences have changed my mind. I even sold my stock in the company because I just don't think that they are headed the right direction on the customer experience anymore. Hopefully they prove me wrong here though!

Best Answer

Hello,

My Aria Air stop to sync,

I removed the battery wait and replace them, didn't help.

I try to recover the scale, didn't help

I restart my phone too, didn't help.

I can see the Bluetooth, but when I try to sync from the app, it stops and said it had an error ...

What can I do ?

Thanks.

Best Answer

I ask having a similar issue. Mine will not sync and gives an error about the WiFi. I have taken all the same steps as you and even took the scale right beside my WiFi router to re-set up which still didn’t work.

Best Answer

the air is a bad scale. return it if you can.

I've been able to sync everyday for the last two weeks and every day before I step on the scale I have to restart my phone so the sync works.

it's a pain in the butt

Best Answer

Same problem as above. Scale arrived two days ago and doesn't sync. ☹😡

Best Answer

I was given the aria as a gift as it should connect to my google phone without a restart (doesn't google own fitbit? .  I need to return it ?   Restarting my phone each morning is NOT convenient.

Best Answer

You can try to force-stop the fitbit app and then start it just before using the aria. Works for me but still is NOT CONVENIENT and should be corrected.

I have been in long debate with Fitbit, am using a Google (owner of Fitbit) Pixel phone with stock Android, can confirm that bluetooth works for all other equipment as it should do (fitbit watch, headphones, car, etc). So it is not related to the phone, software or settings.....

As my Aria is still in warranty, I am thinking or returning it, but there are no other scales that integrate with Fitbit.....

Best Answer

Update: Even though I had the current version of the app, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it seems to be working now!

Best Answer
Thanks, this worked, at least two mornings in a row. Delete/reinstall was
much better than returning a nice gift!
Best Answer

I just purchased my Aria scale and I'm just mad at myself that I didn't do more research 1st, but I will be returning mine. Disappointed that Fitbit doesn't seem 'fit' to respond to any of these concerns within the community or have addressed this known issue over such a lengthy period of time. so my fitbit Aria is going back today and I will be buying another scale. 

And when it comes time to purchase another fitbit because I know I will have to -this is my 3rd one, they always seem to break Just outside if warranty -I know I'm going to rethink that as well.  

Thank you  Community!

Best Answer

Update:  Even though I had the current version of the app installed, I uninstalled/reinstalled it and it seems to be working now.

Best Answer
Hi Stillwaters -
Thanks for the advice and guidance. However, based upon the length of time
this issue has been around - with no response or fix/feedback from Fitbit
itself - it seems to be an unsupported device. I've already processed my
return as I'm not about to mess around with uninstalling/reinstalling,
restarting and all that BS. It's clearly a glitch that Fitbit COULD fix,
but chooses not to. I now choose not to have the Aria Scale. Someday they
will listen and act responsibly.
Thank you for trying though! You did more than they did!
Best Answer

thank you, this worked for me too, at least for two mornings so far!  I appreciate not having to return a nice gift.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel so stupid. Finding this community it is quite obvious I wasn't thorough with my research before buying these scales. 

Initial connection - no problem. then .....

The first issues was the scales and phone didn't find each other so I resolve this by rebooting my phone every morning.  If I use the scales right away they find each other. Any delay and i have to reboot my phone again.   not ideal.

Now after rebooting my phone every morning they connect but the weight on the app never changes so I have to manually change the app.

WHAT do I try next ?  I t was a gift I asked for so returning will be tricky.

Best Answer

I've noticed this happening the last few days.

When i stepped on the scale a couple of days ago with the app open on my phone, it synced the weight but it was incorrect to what the scale showed. the scale showed 96.2 kg but the app wanted to saved 96.0 kg for example.

Within the app, the scale took quite some time to 'sync'.

A tad annoying, but hopefully this gets resolved soon for those affected.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, I'm sorry for the difficulties that you've had with your Aria Air. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have and please know your feedback will be passed along so we can improve our products, as well as the experience with it.

To look into this, please confirm the following information as this will help me to further investigate on my end:

1. Because your scale won't sync if the Fitbit app is open, does the same happen if it's in the background?
  2. Do you see an error message on your Aria Air scale, or on the Fitbit app?
  3. Have you tried the troubleshooting tips described in this help article?
  4. Is your Aria Air nearby your phone when trying to sync?
  5. What is the model and OS version of your phone?

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes