Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't sync weight when app is open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased an Aria air and it will only sync my weight 1 time per phone restart. Symptoms would include Bluetooth light coming on the scale while in the app and no weight being synced. I tried all the suggested fixes like restarting the app and turning Bluetooth off and on but the only thing that works is restarting my phone.

The scale thinks that it is already connected to another device (the same phone that is trying to connect now) and will not reconnect because it is trying to use the old connection. I think all that needs to be done is that the connection needs to be reset once I walk away and It is so annoying that there is a basic Bluetooth communication issue with the app.

Can someone at Fitbit tell me if the issue is with the scale, the app or my phone's OS handling the Bluetooth connection improperly?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Aria Air, and for the feedback provided. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience and if by any chance your Aria Air is still not syncing correctly, let me recommend trying the steps described in this help article.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have a different question, I'd encourage you to create a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from our Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find more information about our products, features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

I think this is the same issue I am experiencing, I am using my Aria Air with my Sense linked to my Android 11 Pixel 5 - the app will sync my weight the first time but then I have to force quit the app once or twice before it will sync again. This is super frustrating and needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

I just used my scale for the second time this morning and thought it was broken already. Super frustrating 😤

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I found that I have to force stop the fitbit app and that does the trick.  It shouldn't be this complicated though.  I'm using a Google Pixel 5 here.  Please, someone, fix this!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how frustrating this issue is for you and I appreciate the time spent trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

I would like you to make sure that your phones are running the most recent Fitbit app version.

As a side note, let me know if you receive any error message when you're trying to sync your Aria Air scales while the app is open.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I verified that there are no updates available to the app. I am experiencing the same problem that the app has to be forcibly stopped and then reopened before it will sync with the Aria Air scale.

Best Answer

I get no error when my app is open (updated 02 March) and I step on the scale.  It seems the app isn't listening for the scale because I can get off the scale, force stop the Fitbit app and then when I open the app again, it goes right to the screen where it is capturing my weight.

The scale seems to be doing its job of connecting and sending the info.  It seems the app doesn't have it's ears open.

Best Answer

I did find that doing to force stop works well. Although to my understanding we should have to. 

My other issue is that it now doesn't input my BMI information into the app. 

Best Answer

Also experiencing these issues. On top of that: the app is really persistant in logging my weight in LBS instead of KGs. Fitbit app is set for KG, scale is set for KG. The few times that the apps accepts my measurements (after restarting the phone or forced stop of the fitbit app), the app will register the measurement in LBS and I need to manually switch it to KGS. 

I checked using most recent fitbit app...

My phone is a Google Pixel 5 with Android 11

Best Answer

I have the same issues with my Samsung S20+.  The scales usually will not connect each morning and I have to restart the phone to get a recording from the scales.  Then about 50% of the time, the app shows my weight in pounds after I sync my weight from the scales, when I have the app set to show weight in kilograms.  I have to go into the app settings on my phone to reset the app to Kg again.

I have the latest version of the Fitbit app on my phone and I have tried resetting the scales by taking the batteries out, then reconnecting the scales to the app.  No change.

This is really annoying because this is otherwise a really good product setup.

Ray

Canberra Australia 

There is no error message.  The scales show the bluetooth symbol top left on the screen so I guess the scales are sending the info, but it seems the app on the phone is not listening.  The scales show in the connected bluetooth device list, so the problem seems to be in the app itself.  I have the latest app version from the Play Store on a Samsung Galaxy S20+

Checking my app update list the Fitbit app shows as last updated on 26 June 2021

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Same issue. Pixel 5 on Android 11 and fitbit 3.44. Bluetooth symbol displays on scale, no error message, no sync. Clearing cache doesn't fix, need to force stop the app every time. 

Best Answer

Yes.  Everything is updated.  Same issue.  Going to return the scale.  Bought it for sync capability convenience.  That's not happening.  

Best Answer

Update. This only works sometimes and is not a reliable fix.

I have found that switching the phone into flight mode then back again allows the scales to temporarily communicate with the app.  Flight mode turns Bluetooth off and the phone gives me an error message that the Fitbit app cannot connect to my Charge 4, then stops that error message when I switch back out of flight mode.  It seems resetting the Bluetooth makes the Fitbit app look for devices and thus find the scales.  I tried the scales again several hours later and the phone app ignored the scales again. So it's a short term stop-gap work-around until the developers can fix the app, but it seems to be the easiest way to make the scales work at least temporarily. Of course, tomorrow morning I will have to do the flight mode thing again. 

Hopefully, the developers can get onto this soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem.  I will get a synced weight but it's incorrect or from a previous weight in.  And on the screen to save the weight, the check mark is in a yellow circle, not green as shown in the instructions, which makes me think it's a warning or caution.  I did all the resets and followed all the instructions everywhere and now can't seem to get a synced weight at all.  I looked to see if I needed a Fitbit update and that's good to go.  

I got this scale for convenience but since I'm manually entering my weight instead of it being synced, then I might as well send it back and go back to my old scale.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue.

Best Answer

Hi,

Is there any update?

I've had my scales for about 3 weeks and will be returning them if this can't be resolved (since the reason I bought them was to sync with my phone...)

Thanks.

Best Answer
Only way to make it sync is to "force stop" the Fitbit app. It will then
sync one time and one time only until you "for e stop" Fitbit again.
Frustrating, right?
Best Answer

The only other way I have found that consistently works is to restart the phone. I tried going into flight mode then back to normal, thus restarting Bluetooth, but that only works occasionally. 

Then for about 50% of daily weight readings, the phone app 'updates' to imperial units ie pounds rather than kilos. So I have to reset the app back to kilos. 

Frustrating. 

I have not seen any updates to the app, so I can only hope Fitbit is still working on this.

Update on my earlier advice to reset the bluetooth using flight mode, this only works sometimes.

Restarting the phone works every time, so I have to do that every morning to get a weight update, then sometimes have to reset the app units back to metric after the scales 'update' the weight units to pounds.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought this scale for the convenience of auto syncing my weight. Restarting my phone is no more convenient than just manually entering my numbers. Fitbit are you fixing this or should I return the scale?

Best Answer

Yup - actually, it's way easier just to enter the numbers.

Given the single reason people buy these scales is for the automatic sync... And it doesn't work... They're 100% not fit for purpose.

This issue doesn't seem to be going anywhere - I'm returning mine.

Best Answer