Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't sync weight when app is open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased an Aria air and it will only sync my weight 1 time per phone restart. Symptoms would include Bluetooth light coming on the scale while in the app and no weight being synced. I tried all the suggested fixes like restarting the app and turning Bluetooth off and on but the only thing that works is restarting my phone.

The scale thinks that it is already connected to another device (the same phone that is trying to connect now) and will not reconnect because it is trying to use the old connection. I think all that needs to be done is that the connection needs to be reset once I walk away and It is so annoying that there is a basic Bluetooth communication issue with the app.

Can someone at Fitbit tell me if the issue is with the scale, the app or my phone's OS handling the Bluetooth connection improperly?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Since the lovely people at Fitbit did not reply to my concern, I returned the scale because it appears that a lot more people than just me, have the same problem and no one at Fitbit seems to care enough to respond.  So I ordered a 1byone scale off of Amazon for less than half the price of this scale and it has 16 more features than this scale, like body fat percentage, BMI, water percentage etc, etc.  Seeing how Aria Air scale only measures weight.  This scale from Amazon was a dream to set up and it was working and syncing (correctly) to my phone in seconds.  The set up was in seconds.  No having to do a force stop on the Fitbit App, no restarting my phone.  

I would avoid Fitbit completely because of this experience but I do like my Fitbit watch.  You almost lost a customer, Fitbit.  You have one more life in my books.....

So I ordered a 1byone scale off of Amazon for less than half the price of this scale and it has 16 more features than this scale, like body fat percentage, BMI, water percentage etc, etc.  Seeing how Aria Air scale only measures weight.  This scale from Amazon was a dream to set up and it was working and syncing (correctly) to my phone in seconds.  The set up was in seconds.  No having to do a force stop on the Fitbit App, no restarting my phone.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I see that @JuanJoFitbit  has, at least, edited this comment. JuanJoFitbit being a moderator: can you please give us an update on what to expect?

There are several users reporting similar, reproducable issues.

The added value of this pricy scale is reduced to €10 ($10) being the price of an ordinary scale at any discount shop. I am not sure whether this is Fitbit's target market positioning.  If so, let me know, I will then no longer participate in any Fitbit platform and environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, have to force close the Fitbit app basically every time I want to sync my weight as well. Samsung Galaxy s21. I have the latest version of the app installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That seems par for the course. Pixel 5 here and same thing. I don't think fitbit cares to fix the problem and it is a shame. When you CAN use the scale, it works great but having to restart the app every time is far from optimal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the 1byone scale sync with the fitbit app.? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it sure does!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Aria Air, and for the feedback provided. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience and if by any chance your Aria Air is still not syncing correctly, let me recommend trying the steps described in this help article.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have a different question, I'd encourage you to create a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from our Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find more information about our products, features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes