Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So the scale was working fine the first day, but everytime after I use the scale it won't sync to my app unless I force stop the fitbit app, relaunch fitbit, and then try the scale again. Then it'll work once and I gotta do it all over again.

I got this scale cause it was suppose to be quick and convenient, but if I have to dig into my settings to force restart an app what's the point of this thing? It's easier to just put it in manually. The help pages on here are worthless, done everything they've said and it still doesn't work properly. Reset the scale, restarted and reinstalled everything and turned stuff off and on again no luck. It feels like I wasted 90 dollars on this thing. If it worked as advertised I'd love it but at this point unless I can get it working right I just want to return it. 

Anyone had this problem that's been able to fix it? 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Everything is brand new here. Between Duracell and FitBit, I believe more in Duracell. Fitbit is not a serious company. They even have the courage to answer their customers.  

Best Answer

Aria scales suck at sync. I'm glad I got this scale free because it only works as a stand alone scale its to much trouble to keep it in sync. If you can even get it to sync. ... I would have returned it if I had paid for it ....

Best Answer

Mine will sync about 1 time out of 5.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Just random time it will.  Totally fed up with this piece of junk .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are you not responding to the many posts below?  We are all having the same issue and silence from you/Fitbit.  Please find a solution and post it here.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Will be returning unless Fitbit can fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

12/28/2020

Renpho scale still working flawlessly.  Data collected transfers automatically to Fitbit app.  Still no answers from Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I'm ready to throw my Aria Air into the trash.  We've had Fitbit products for years and never cease having problems with the trackers and now with this scale.  Thanks for the Renpho recommendation.  Given that Fitbit doesn't reply, I take their silence as endorsements for competing products.

Best Answer

Can you post the solution? I just bought the Aria Air and I have the same problem. I bought this scale because the original Aria 2 stopped synching with the I turned when we changed our wifi name and there was no way to change the wifi account with the scale. I now have two worthless Aria scales which is very frustrating!

Best Answer

Same deal here. Worked great during initial setup, and now nothing. (I was also reading the troubleshooting about making sure that there aren't any other Bluetooth devices nearby, but that seems like a huge flaw since most folks are going to have their watches paired and Android no longer allows the option to turn off all-day sync.)

Anyway, just here to add my voice to the "experiencing the same issue" crowd. This is the only Aria model being sold through the Fitbit site right now, so you'd really think that there'd be more robust support for it.

Best Answer

February 5, 2021

Here it is a New Year.  Still nothing from Fitbit.  I see from this thread that this issue was first brought up in September of 2020.  I purchased my scale in October of 2020 and had the same issue.  I didn't get any help beyond the restart the app every time or uninstall and reinstall the app every time litany from tech support, so as Fitbit suggests, I came to this Forum in the hope that a solution would eventually be posted here.  I have found that this is not a very good solution for the consumer.  

I would just like to say that the Renpho scale that I replaced my Aria Air with still functions flawlessly and the Renpho app background syncs with the Fitbit app to give more information than the Aria Air would provide.  The Charge 2 I used for a few years worked great until the battery became too weak to be useful- no complaints.  I love the Versa 2 I use now.  My verdict- go with the strengths of the company- their wrist-mounted trackers and smartwatches.  Look to other manufacturers for scales and other peripheral devices.

BTW- I sent a message to the original Fitbit moderator JuanJoFitbit today inviting him to revisit this forum.  Mayhaps he or she will respond.

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit Fam! I had the same issue as everyone communicated on this thread with my new Aria Air scale... would only sync the first time, then never again. Only when I 'force stopped' the FitBit app would it then resync.

I actually exchanged the scale for another new one, and the new scale now works as intended. I didn't even have to update the firmware, worked straight out of the box. Every time I step on the scale now, it syncs perfectly in the app. Given this experience, I suspect they had a faulty batch run in the manufacturing process. If you still want to use the Aria Air scale, I recommend exchanging it until you find one that isn't faulty.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes