Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new, yesterday, aria air wont turn on when i step on the scale. replaced the batteries with brand new and still nothing. the battery level indicator on my app shows full and on the scale it shows less than half full. even with the new batteries the level on the scale didnt change. i can turn it on manually by touching the button on the bottom that changes from Lbs to Kg?

It is set up and syncs with the app.

does anyone have any idea why it wont turn on and does this scale only sync once a day, ?

thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @bobg1, welcome. It's good to see a new face around the forums.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Before anything else let me explain that your Aria Air will sync every time you step on it to track your weight. Because the scale isn't turning on, that might be the reason why your data isn't updating on the Fitbit app. That being said, I'd recommend you to restart your Aria Air with the following steps:

1. On the back of the scale, touch and hold the button for 5 seconds. The display will flash oTA.
  2. Touch and hold the button for another 5 seconds until the display shows clr.

Once that is done, try weighing on the scale one more time and check if it's able to sync your details correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have already done the restart, changed batteries again and still the only way it will turn on is by touching the button and now it is not syncing. I have already requested an exchange on this product. hopefully the replacement will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, i just got my replacement aria air and i completed set up and it worked properly, for a little while. i went back and stepped on the scale and it turned on but it wont sync. i checked the bluetooth on my phone and it shows up but wont pair with my phone. it says pairing rejected by aria air. i uninstalled it and reinstalled and after a while it worked again, but after waiting and going back the same thing happened...it wont stay paired with my phone???

please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bobg1. It's good to see you again.

Thanks for keeping me posted and for the steps tried on your own. While I'm glad that you've received a replacement, I'm sorry for the syncing issues you've experienced. To look into this, may I know the model of your phone? Is your scale nearby your phone when trying to sync?

Make sure to turn off the Bluetooth from other devices nearby and give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Aria Air from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your Aria Air one more time with the steps described above.

4. Turn on the Bluetooth only on your phone and open the Fitbit app.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Aria Air and follow the onscreen instructions

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all that and the issues continued. From all the many other posts, it looks to me like this is an ongoing problem with this product. I have returned this one as well and will look at a different manufacturer. I really didn't want or expect to invest so much time on a scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bobg1, I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for giving a try to the suggestions posted above. I understand how you're feeling about the issues experienced with your Aria Air and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Fitbit constantly works on our products, services and overall environment based on our members feedback, be sure that your comments won't go unnoticed as they'll help us to evaluate our procedures and improve your experience. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish issues like this were looked at closer because now I'm also having this issue and I don't want to go through all the troubleshooting steps the other person went through. If I spend money on a product then I expect it to function. The OP said that they returned it. Was anything discovered upon retrieval of this broken unit? Or does it just go into a junk bin where nobody has to see it again? I bought mine from Fitbit directly from the albeit only for 50 bucks More than a month ago, but still I kind of feel like it's a huge design flaw. The Fitbit scale needs to be held under a microscope if it continues to break like this for other people.

Best Answer

This has happened to me twice now, two different completely new scales. Both stopped responding after like 3 days.

Including the reset method stated here.

Are there any reason at all for me to try a third time?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums, @Phiadel.

Thanks for the steps tried prior to posting, I'm sorry for this inconvenience with your two scales. I understand they're new but may I know if you've tried using different batteries? If you have but the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, tried several different new batteries. Just returned the second one. It stopped working after a week. Seemingly draining the batteries to the point of them puffing up (I use it once every Friday per my routine).

I got a new one now. Got it in white this time. We’ll see how it goes.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Philip Adelé
Best Answer

Hi there, @Phiadel.

Thanks for getting back with more details about your scales, and I'm sorry you've had this experience. I'm glad you were able to get a new one and while it should work correctly, you can always visit the Help Forums or contact our Support team if you have any other question. I hope you can keep crushing your goals, and happy stepping! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having this issue with an Aria Air I got less than a month ago. My Charge 4 also just stopped working, albeit after 2 years. If I don’t get the issue with the scale resolved, I’m done with all FitBit products… there are just way too many issues.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone. 

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. 

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes