Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Batteries die every couple of weeks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria batteries lasted for one year. Now, I replace the batteries on average about every two weeks. What's going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@jrisley Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Sounds weird that the new batteries don't last as long as they should. Each set of batteries should last up to six months. Please try cleaning the springs of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this, put the new set of batteries and see if they last as long as they're supposed to.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine dies every two months. I am the only user and travel a lot so it’s not used even once a day. I do see it “Sensing” on its own. I’ve reset it. Ready to junk it. Pity because I like having everything on one platform but I can’t justify buying another. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi have the same issue, I've replaced the batteries twice in two weeks... Guess it's time to ditch them. Not pleased as they aren't cheap 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve given up on the Aria. I bought a “Eufy,” $50 and recommended by the Wirecutter.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine only last 3-4 days. I used to get the Sensing … Step off thing which seemed to be because I had it in close proximity to the wall. I see it may have been from other reasons looking through this forum. I have cleaned the battery terminals with cloth without seeing any difference. Will alcohol make any difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The scale is too close to a wall?!? Wow. Good thing people don’t usually have any walls!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@User987654321 It's great to see you here and welcome to the Fitbit forums @Lauraweller @AndyW1663!

I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale are showing a "Sensing Step Off" message and the batteries are draining. Please make sure that the batteries you are using are alkaline. Also, make sure that your scales are placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on them barefoot. If these details are already covered, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

@jrisley I'm sorry to hear that you went to another company. Your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All of those things are true. Alkaline batteries. Flat tile floor. Just got another batteries low warning.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit I am using alkaline batteries, its places on a flat tiles floor and always use with bare fit.

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@User987654321 @Lauraweller Thank you for getting back and letting me know the details asked previously. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your cases to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You both will receive an email from them soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes