Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Can't Find My (working!) Wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I am losing my mind here. I keep trying to connect my Aria to the wifi (which used to work) and I cannot get it to find my Wifi network - despite trying everything (and yes, the wifi network does work). Here are my responses to a prior post from fitbit. Can anyone help??

1. At what point in the scale setup process do you run into trouble? Please let us know of any error messages you've encountered on the scale or your computer/mobile device.

I remove the batteries, put them back in, get the set up screen on the scale, get my phone to identify the scale / sync with the scale, the scale then detects several wifis - but it fails to detect MY wifi even though (1) the wifi is working (2) it’s right next to the router and (3) the name of the router is only letters. I have gotten stopped at this part of the set up about 10 times.

2. What is the make and model of your router?

Xfinity gateway - I just got a new one (2020).

3. What is the distance between the scale and the router during set up?

6 inches

4. Does your WiFi password exceed 31 characters or spaces? Does it include any non-alphanumeric characters (such as ! or &)?

NO and NO

5. What is your scale's firmware version? You can find this number by removing the battery from the scale for 10 seconds, placing the battery back in the scale, and turning the scale back over. On the display, you will see the letter "V" followed by a number (e.g. V29). This number represents your firmware version.

v39

Any help would be great - I'm losing my mind here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Having the same issues! Not synced for 7 days. Joining this incase you get a reply ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes having the same iss ue started on 17th april 2020 worked the day before tried resetting but wont locate network

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria only uses 2.4GHz wifi, it doesn't use 5GHz.

The protocol it uses is an older one,  802.11b. Check your router is set up for that mode. Some routers have a legacy setting for b mode. (On mine it's "Legacy b/g"). <- this is a common issue where the Aria was connecting and suddenly starts reporting 'No WiFi'.

The Broadcast SSID setting must also be set to "On" in the router. If you Aria can't find the WiFi during setup, I'd check that first.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I gave up and sold it to someone who knows what to do.

--
Yvette Ally
Best Answer