Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Fat % (half of me is fat..?)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have the Aria (original) since Dec 2016, and as long as I have had to it has said I and 45% fat.

I'm not a skinny minny by any strech of the imagination but I am a fit active person who eats well.

In the last 2.5 years I have both lost 2 stone and gained it back and not once did the fat % change. How can I be 12st (exercising +9 hours per week) and be 45% fat and then 14st (not exercising due to injury) and be 45% fat…?

I find it so hard to believe that I lost 2 stone by exercising more and eating better but amazingly almost half my body is still made up of fat!

It is super frustrating and very disheartening to constantly see it, there must be a way I can update this? How can I correct my scales? Surely I can do something to calibrate? i have been super patient with this and just kept weighting myself over two years, workign harder loosing the weight getting fitter, thinking it might be just me (that I am just the horrifically over weight). But no it's just your scales. Why has this issue not been resolved? Can you please send me the caluclation of how it is measured? (the actual math please)

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I too am overweight but even when losing weight slowly and steadily, my body fat measurement reads around 44-45%. It is gross even thinking about the possibility that almost half of what’s inside my skin is fat. It seems unlikely. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and have been for years and years. Even at my skinniest during my Fitbit years, the body fat reading was 38-39, which still seems high to me. I have walked 12,000+ miles with Fitbit since May 2012, but I just ignore the body fat reading. I do not want to become obsessive about any of this but just keep losing slowly and steadily and to love myself no matter what numbers show up on the scale. Best wishes and good health to you. Here’s hoping someone else can tell us if our numbers are likely to be actual or just something to ignore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes