Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Scale seems to be dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning when I went to weigh myself, my scale showed nothing. I thought it was the batteries. After replacing them, I got a "set up active" message across the screen, nothing else. I removed the batteries and inserted them again. Now the screen is blank like it was earlier. My scale is about 7 years old. Is it time for a new one or can this be fixed. Thank you for anyone's help!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same issue. I tried to reset the scale again by removing the batteries and reinstalling them, but that did not work. What else can I do to troubleshoot this issue? I'd be willing to try any suggestions.

Best Answer

Sometimes I think they have a "life" and then they die because they want you to buy the next model! 😡 I tried everything. Maybe I should have tried to take it apart, but I just chucked it and bought an inexpensive one on Amazon. Works just as well. I never could get it to sync with my phone after the first week I had it.  Thanks for replying. 

Best Answer

Going through the same thing as well with mine, except that it only reads weight. (Not sure if it's accurate yet - I haven't weighed myself since 2019, to be honest). I dug it out of storage and was hoping to get it working again, since I think I paid close to $150 for it back in 2015. I haven't even contacted support, because it seems that they usually just suggest buying the newer model. Grrr.

Best Answer

Fitbit is crap. My Aria is also not setting up. Never buying fitbit again (nothing). Shame on you Fitbit for robbing your customers. Talk about an unethical company. I hope this company goes bankrupt and saves us alot frustration all over the globe. Spread the word : Fitbit is a rip off and customer service is very poor. Avoid these products at all costs. 

Best Answer

I'm with you right now. I had the Aria wifi scale and it suddenly died after a few years this week, so I "upgraded" to the Aria Air. What an absolute piece of garbage. It's nearly impossible to set up- hours of trying to get it to work and it still won't sync correctly. My scale was kind of the last thing keeping me in the fitbit environment as the fitness trackers themselves are kind of clunky and don't have the functionality of a good smart watch. I'm annoyed I have to make the transition but man- this company has just crashed in its product quality.

Best Answer

I just bought a new Inspire 2 after having the Fitbit One since 2015. I guess it was time and I bought a very low end Fitbit. So far so good, but all I want it for is to count steps so I can compete with my very competitive walkers.😂 I wear it on my ankle for a more accurate reading. Sometimes when I tap the screen I see nothing, but it seems to always sync with my phone. And, I bought a low end scale. I guess it went downhill when Google bought  Fitbit. It was better when it was a smaller company than just a part of large company. It's very sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes