Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

@ECM68 Thank you for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

my landlord got us a new router and now my Aria doesn't work. I'm unable to check the router set up or change any information on it. It's there a workaround with this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@julypena It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your new network. In order to assist you accordingly, please let me know what is the make and model of your router. If you need help in checking your router settings or information, please contact your Internet service provider.

The router settings required by the Aria scale are: protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and the WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have amended the protocol and still getting the wifi err when trying to set up.

please assist 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nics050390 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is also experiencing the "WiFi ERR" message even though your router is running the correct protocol.

I'd like to know one more details that will help me to assist you accordingly. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. I run on a 2.4 network and have the Aria, the original, not the 2. I noticed it hasn’t been syncing since August 2018, and I tried resetting it, to no avail. “WiFi Err” comes up, and I don’t have any special characters in my password. I’m sure I run on a mixed network, b/g/n, as I have what I believe is the latest modem with Spectrum. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully you read this before they delete the post - because they always delete my honestly! but people
Complain about this scale all the time - me included - FIT BIT doesn’t care and won’t fix it. They will just say “thank you for letting us know”.
Best Answer

Lol ! I’ve seen that ! It’s a shame ! We spend too much money on these products to be having these issues. I love my scale, just 

like my Blaze. I just want to be able to keep myself accountable and motivated by seeing the results uploaded appropriately. I’m doing a fitness challenge right now and I want to be able to look back and see my progress, even after. I win. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCWash83 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the "WiFi ERR" message that your Aria scale is displaying.

Since your router complies with the settings needed and the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Comcast xFi router works on 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz 802.11 g/n mode.  It does not allow to change to 802.11b mode.  Does that mean my Aria will no longer work with my new network?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't waste your time trying to get the Aria scale to work or contacting support. This has been an ongoing issue and bottom line is the product and service is defective. Tried for hours over the last year and all to no avail and being that I am in tech - know it's not my network or connectivity issues. On top of Aria being a defective piece of trash - I went through 3 HR fitbits in a year and a half and they are actively selling "reporting" services on their food log page despite that not being available anymore. 

This company is a scam at this point SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Best Answer

So what do you do if you're on protocol 802.11n?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My router claims it supports 802.11b. I still get the WiFi Err. Is there something else I can check/try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Christ I even set my router to only broadcast ONLY in 2.4Ghz B and it still wont **ahem**ing work. What a **ahem**ing piece of **ahem**. How do I get my **ahem**ing money back?!

Best Answer

The fact is this: if a device can’t connect to any of the normal gamut of home Wi-fi setups like any other household device, it’s space junk. No excuses. No ‘call technical support/you provider’ and no ‘change your protocol/password/diet/religion’..... 

if if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work and it should not be sold. Quite simple. 

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit,

It was a helpful tip to check the wifi protocol. I checked my new router and it runs 802.11ac, not 802.11b. Does that mean it is incompatible, or do I have any other options? We didn't have any problems until we had to change our router.

JQFit

Best Answer
0 Votes

802.11ac

The generation of Wi-Fi that first signaled popular use, 802.11ac uses dual-band wireless technology, supporting simultaneous connections on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands. 802.11ac offers backward compatibility to 802.11b/g/n and bandwidth rated up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band plus up to 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz. Most home wireless routers are compliant with this standard.

What that means is that any other device you have that is 802.11b generation will work on your router however... I think the penny has just dropped recalling how I've made this rubbish product from fitbit work previously, wifi wise anyway, not the other constant issue I and many other have had with this thing.

Security- it doesn't do WAP from memory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is the solution if the router uses 802.11ac instead of 802.11b? Everything should be backwards compatible (i.e. use ac, but limited to b protocol). A solution to downgrade my tech is not acceptable. Something Fitbit can do?

Best Answer

Thank you Netooweb. I am grateful for your answer. I am fairly new to all of this lingo and specifications and I am not sure how to take a next step. While 802.11ac offers backward compatibility to 802.11b/g/n, i still am not sure what to adjust to make the Aria work. As I can't see anything I can adjust on the router, my guess is that it is a digital setting. I have checked the settings in my account with my service provider and my next step is to call them directly. If there is something else I am missing, I would be grateful for any hints. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We should not have to downgrade the security/safety settings of our internet in order to use the scale. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to reconnect my scale after moving with no luck only to learn from speaking with the support team that I had downgrade my internet security in order to it.

Apparently the Aria 2 does not have this problem, but I have to spend another $200 when this scale works perfectly fine it just doesn't connect. I spoke with customer service and they offered me no assistance outside of asking me to downgrade my internet. The least they could have done was offered a discount on the newer model. 

I definitely will not be buying FitBit products again when there is ample other products out there that do the same thing. 

Best Answer