Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria and Fitbit app showing different weights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scales and my fitbit app have started showing different weights. I get that the scales round your weight up or down to the nearest lb, but my recently the scales for example have show exactly 1 lb whilst the app shows exactly 2 lbs. Obviously it's a bit annoying if I'm losing weight but the app isn't displaying it correctly. I could even understand if I the lb weight was 1.8 on the app and the scales showed 1, but there's no way 2 can be rounded down to 1.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

I find even in metric settings the app shows a different weight, slightly higher than the scales?? 

Best Answer

I find this thread utterly dismaying. You buy decent scales to give you an accurate weight. You pay a premium for Fitbit Aria scales so you have the convenience of tracking that accurate weight in Fitbit. And the scales and Fitbit give you different numbers? This really is not hard to fix - the Aria throws out a weight.

1. Does the Aria weight on the display match the weight it sends to Fitbit? If not, fix whichever is wrong in the Aria
  2. In the Fitbit app, does the current weight in Fitbit weight match most recent weight for that user in the Aria recent weigh-ins? If not that's a dead easy reliable way for the QA team to reproduce and test for the problem. It's obvious. It's been obvious for over 2 years.
  3. Fix the Fitbit app to make the two weights the same. It cannot be hard. Two numbers, one supposedly a copy of the other. Seriously, how hard is that?

So the problem is clear and easily reproduced. The problem is easy if fix but two years later it hasn't been. Answer? One or more of the links in the chain of Fitbit support through dev through QA just don't really care enough. They undermine the efforts of those at Fitbit who do care enough.

@MatthewFitbit 

Best Answer

Hi can you also help me with this issue please...my scales are coming in at 10 stone 3.9 pounds and on my app its saying 10 stone 2.1 pounds.... which one is more than likely to be correct?

Best Answer

This is soul destroying. My scales and app are showing a 3lb difference. I come on the boards to discover this problem has been an issue since 2017, with a fix promised but not forthcoming. I'm on my second set of Aria scales after having to replace my old set because when I updated my Wi-Fi they wouldn't connect to my new settings. I now have two sets of Aria scales that don't do the job they are supposed to and no fixes forthcoming for either. I am really, really disappointed with fitbit because of this. Its a lot of money to spend for equipment that is just not up to the job. Please get it sorted. 

Best Answer

I experience the same problem 

Best Answer

Huge difference between the scale and the app. The scale shows less and less and fitbit app gets the same result in every day. Useless scale. 

Best Answer

Same for me.  Since October 29th,. The app is reporting 155.9 and the scale is lower.   Today the scale reported 152.8 app the Android app reported 155.9.  

Best Answer

My Aria scale is showing 12 pounds higher than the app. The cale is right but the app entry is wrong. I weighed myself on another scale and it was the same as my Aria. So it's displaying incorrectly in the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine, compared to many in this thread is actually a discrepancy in Kilograms and not pounds.

Decided to jump on the forums and see if it was just my scales doing weird things. I'm always 1kg out 😮
This morning when I have weighed my scales say 109.8, yet the app says 110.8. 1kg is a big difference 😕

I've reset my phone, I've reset the scales, I've uninstalled and re-installed the app. I'm at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the true weight? The scales or the app. I'll just track it elsewhere until I guess they fix their issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app isn't updating the weight the scale is reporting.  The app is reporting the past weight.  

I found that when i step on the scale with my phone next to me with the Fitbit app weight info displaying , a prior recorded weight is displayed.  I then touch this displayed weight and I can edit this value to be the weight displayed on the scale and then touch SAVE.  This records the value you enter.  Not ideal but a work around.

Best Answer

So the scales correct, its just the app application?

Best Answer
the true value should be the scale value. the fitbit app shows always the
same value in kg or lb and whoever use the fitbit aria scale or jar of jam
or me or my partner or we together the fitbit app shows the same previous
weight 🤣😂🤣 even when we decided to leave fitbit aria scale miles away...
the fitbit app constantly shows old weight and it is impossible to manually
edit the weight!!!! this app is a **ahem**!!!! the same with aria scale. it is
time to give fitbit watch to someone else and buy something that is
reliable! I am afraid the quality score of sleep works in similar way...
random digits. Useless tools.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that you can edit the inaccurately reported weight and save the scales weight reported.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, 

I joined here. Today is April 12, 2022, 1722 days from the first report in this thread. 

My Aria air shows 61 kg (which is correct as other scales also say that number) and the number shown on my fitbit app is 59.3kg at first.

Now the issue seemed to be fixed after updating the fitbit app and logout-in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes