Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria and Fitbit app showing different weights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scales and my fitbit app have started showing different weights. I get that the scales round your weight up or down to the nearest lb, but my recently the scales for example have show exactly 1 lb whilst the app shows exactly 2 lbs. Obviously it's a bit annoying if I'm losing weight but the app isn't displaying it correctly. I could even understand if I the lb weight was 1.8 on the app and the scales showed 1, but there's no way 2 can be rounded down to 1.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

@Katzilla Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Android app is not showing your weights info properly. I would like you to try the workaround that I shared in my previous post in order to have this issue fixed.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Nope didn't work, and I now have 3 different weights going on. 11 lb on the
scale display, 12 lb in the dashboard and 8 in the recent weigh ins
Best Answer

@Katzilla Thank you for getting back and reporting this issue. Our team is currently looking and working on a fix to this issue. Once we have a fix, we'll make sure to provide an update.

I appreciate your time and understanding with this.

Best Answer

JuanJo,

To be honest I've given up.

The fact that you are still reviewing this issue, after 15 months, really says all that needs to be said.

OP was ‎07-26-2017 04:26

It's a simple issue. There are 14 lbs in a stone, and you are displaying as a decimal.

It's not a hugely difficult issue to find, or understand, it's primary school maths.

The issue is that you guys are obviously not bothered about coding a fix.

How much patience and understanding are we expected to let you appreciate!

Best Answer

I'm with you. Anyone would think it's like trying to put a probe on Mars.....ah wait? Didn't some clever folk just manage that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, but they got the conversion from miles to km wrong once, and that didn't go well either 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bet they fixed it quicker!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Mellingtons I appreciate your feedback. Our team is actively working on this and expect to have this issue fixed soon.

Best Answer

I assume there is still no fix for this as my scales & app still showing different weights?! 

Best Answer

No, nothing, zip, nada, silch, rien, squat 

Best Answer

What he said.

@JuanJoFitbit - please define "soon".. does that mean "piece of string" or do you have an actual SLA?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thanks Mel, I needed a good laugh today, thanks for that 😉

SLA.

That was a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I even told father Christmas I'd been a good girl, but he must have checked my data and said I hadn't.  Darn you fitbit and your bad data!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There’s no point in spending good, hard earned money on scales that can’t do the job.  May as well purchase scales a fifth of the price and input weight manually on the app.

Fitbit I would like a refund for my scales please! They do not work as you claim.

How do I go about returning please and arranging refund as it seems people have been complaining about this issue for quite some time and the fault has not been rectified?!

Best Answer

Fitbit. me too. I would also like a refund or may take a trip to Trading Standards.  unfit for purpose under sales of goods act.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I totally understand how you feel about this. Regarding your question, we don't have an estimated time frame when the solution will be released. However, when it's available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer

This is happening to me too, I went from an iphone to Samsung and it seems its the Android app, readings correct on my husbands iphone and on the computer so obviously no problem with the scales itself, its the android app that's causing the issue, sort it out fitbit - we have spent alot of money on your devices over the years as all 4 of my family have fitbits and we all use the scales and we share the information with each other, also I need to keep a track of my elderly dads weight which I can't do when the app is showing me 3lb less on my app to what the aria reads.

Best Answer

fitbit are a total joke and still haven't fixed it, well over 16 months now and all we get is "thank you for your patience" whilst they sweep it back under the carpet. I will be moving to Strava once this watch is end if life (or the strap breaks of course, as that's happened with previous models twice now!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SMTS @Mellingtons Our team is aware of this issue and expects to have a solution for this issue soon. I really appreciate your feedback and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a sad day.

My Aria died.

Sensing, step off, thinking, ERR.

I even took the batteries out.

I can no longer tell (with a large degree of uncertainty) what weight I am (or might do).

I'm off to buy a set of scales (from a brand that I can't name) that tell me my weight, body fat percentage, water weight, muscle weight and bone weight.

Folks, it's been a pleasure.

In three weeks, it's been a year since I reported I was having the same issue as the OP.

A year.

One year.

365 days.

Somebody should be deeply ashamed.

hqdefault.jpg

Declan Out!

Best Answer