Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria and Fitbit app showing different weights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scales and my fitbit app have started showing different weights. I get that the scales round your weight up or down to the nearest lb, but my recently the scales for example have show exactly 1 lb whilst the app shows exactly 2 lbs. Obviously it's a bit annoying if I'm losing weight but the app isn't displaying it correctly. I could even understand if I the lb weight was 1.8 on the app and the scales showed 1, but there's no way 2 can be rounded down to 1.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

I'll miss you Declan.  You kept me sane during tough times.  I too will be moving my loyalty and more importantly, my hard earned cash, to a brand that cares, or doesn't have stupid, easily fixable glitches that they can't be arsed fixing.  It's been emotional.  Mel x

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Mellingtons I'm sorry about the experiences you had with your Aria scales. I know how you feel about this and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
but what are you doing about it???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

So, I bought a competitor brand. In all seriousness I won't name it, because then I suspect this post would be deleted and I have a serious point to make.

I'm heavier than I thought I was.

The new scales have me 2 - 3 lbs heavier than the Aria.

The issue in this thread is that the weight displayed on the app differs from the weight displayed on the scales.

I think the reason Fitbit haven't "fixed" it yet, is because the app isn't the issue. The scales are wrong.

That's not such an easy "fix"

Best Answer

Mine is the same as the doctors scales, so im not too worried about the accuracy. But still the app is 1-2lb less than the scales.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @SMTS Thank you guys for sharing your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to chime in that I am also having this issue. I use an excel sheet to log my weight. 

This morning for example:

scale reads 200lbs and 14.8%

app says the weigh in was actually: 200.7 14.8%

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales showed me as 10st 4.1lbs this morning. The app is showing me as 10st 3lbs?? Which one is correct?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
no idea. been asking Fitbit for over a year! go with the heaviest and then it will always be good news on accurate scales! or use kgs and convert on google...something that Fitbit have never been able to do? good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Is there any update on this? I have the same issue....

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 years on from you raising this issue, I have the same problem. I don't want to weigh in kgs, I only work in "old money". It's very disappointing, as you say, to purchase such an expensive appliance that doesn't work effectively in stones and pounds, despite offering that option.  

Best Answer

Buying new scales today! I need accuracy and I can't believe since having my scales this issue hasn't been fixed!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. App showing 3lb less than the scales. Cant believe how long this thread has been going on for with no resolution. Poor customer service tbh. Did anyone who requested a refund get the info to send them back?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. It's very frustrating and demotivating. It can set me back mentally when I've been working hard on diet and exercise and push me to give up some days. I really would like the issue fixed. It's a lot of money indeed to lose your focus and drive based on inaccuracies!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my scale and I was surprised to see this thread...my scale shows 75kg and my Fitbit app show 77kg that's 2kg off !!

I tired all the fixes recommended but nothing worked. It seems the scale just copy the last logged weight !.

I guess we should ask for a refund if they don't answer back with a fix.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

So which is correct weight? Scales or the app at 2lb less?

This is crazy! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales show 190.3 which is 13s 6.3 but app is changing it to 13s 9.3lb?? 

Best Answer
I gave up waiting for a solution. Fitbit are useless.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

AD716423-D072-4A87-B3E5-3D839CE1CF32.jpeg

Hi all

i have had an aria for years and never had an issue with what everyone is saying until my son started using the scales (with his own initials). 
I am in Australia and we are metric, so the rounding issue doesn’t apply. 
I weighed this morning and I was 95.6kg on the scales but the app shows 95.7kg. This has happened everyday. See pic above which shows app vs logging into Fitbit dashboard online 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit, my company produces new products and I would not be happy to see my core customer base complaining about an absolutely fundamental part of Fitbit ie show people’s Wright accurately between scales and app.  Shame on you for knowing about this issue. Your core business is to help people understand their fitness and weight. Get the scales in 1bs and stones accurate with scales. Not a lot to ask. !!!!

Best Answer