Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I put new batteries in my aria. It seemed to never properly cycle off and my battery life was about 2 weeks, dead again! Any ideas on how to get the scale back in proper form?
Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Clearly some are able to but just be prepared to them telling you they can’t do anything because it’s been over a year... after asking you questions and making you wait each time (oh and confirming everything I said with numbers/dates they have in their system - from battery life to activation date— why ask then?) I wasted over 20 minutes for them to tell me that my warranty was passed at the end - very frustrating..

Best Answer

Yes, I’m definitely switching - what was the brand you had before?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I literally only put the batteries in when I want to weigh myself. How pathetic is that?!?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im extremely frustrated with them as well. Also wasted a lot of time with their customer service rep, who concluded they can’t do anything because I purchased it over a year ago. She could have just stated that from the start...

Best Answer
And a scale that costs over 120 bucks should last longer than a year. When I complained, they told me to go buy the new one that was out. My previous scales cost less than 20 dollars and lasted at minimum 10 years. Aria is ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Turn your scale over and pull on the feet. They seem to get stuck. I know this isn’t the greatest fix but it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Wow.

Makes sense though!

That’s what I’ll do too...

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The feet are what the sensors rest upon. It appears that as they age they weaken and fee weight even when no one is standing on the scale. Therefore the scale stays continually on. Not to mention the loss of accuracy. Pulling on the feet works for a while, then as they age further even this doesn't help. The root cause of the problem seems to be poor sensor design and/or selection.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks very much for your response - I’ve noticed recently that its accuracy has been waning...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mllegris @Sophie444 @thompsoe85 @Brick737 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales drained the batteries and they're out of warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days. I definitely understand how you guys feel about this and I appreciate your feedback. This info will be forwarded to the rest of our team since this helps us to keep improving.

For more information about the warranty policies, please visit this page.

I'll be around if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Frustrating that Fitbit seemingly isn't producing products that last.  When one pays over $100 for a scale, the expectation is that it will last more than a year.  I was an early adopter of the disastrous Surge watch (almost everyone I know who had one had it break in one fashion or another) and now the Aria is broken as well.  I've purchased numerous trackers over the years and love the Fitbit software but it's clear their hardware is not designed to last.  The canned, "sorry, you're out of warranty" responses are an insult to the customers who have spent a good deal on their products.  We can gripe on these boards all we want and nothing is going to change--Fitbit just wants customers to keep ponying up and buying new products when their equipment inevitably breaks.  I will definitely go to another company when my Blaze breaks down--which will most likely be sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

@lateshowrob I really appreciate your comments since I know how frustrating this is for you. Your feedback will also be sent to our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, so it seems the problems continue.  No lunch for me as I also was told I’m out of warranty. The scales are too pricey to have to replace every couple of years.  

Best Answer

@Kfisher40 Welcome to the Fitbit Forums! I totally understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback and words.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems to be set off with my fit bit blaze. Every time I walk near it it it sets it off. It happens frequently and drains my battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fizzo Thanks for joining us in our Fitbit Community! If you haven't done so, please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the springs may accumulate. After this, monitor your scale's behavior and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of disappointed customers. Exactly same problem, exactly same methods / attempts to fix the battery drainage. 

@JuanJoFitbit It would be great to see different responses from Fitbit than "we are sorry, there's nothing we can do about it as you are out of warranty" or "we are sorry, here is a link to our warranty policy". If we are writing here, it's becase we know how to read and use the internet to find your warranty policy. 

Most of us are not here fishing for a free replacement (which would be the right thing to do). Most of us would settle for a repair option or for a discount over a brand new scale. In the end all we want is a working scale that consumes reasonable amounts of battery power.

Those responses not only don't fix any problem, but also aggravates our perception of Fitbit products overall. It's a shame. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and trashed the Aria. Bought a Conaire which was 1/3 the price and had more features. Works great. Doesn't connect with the Fitbit app, but does with the Google and Apple health apps. Not good customer service here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FranciscoSF @thompsoe85 I understand that reading the same information is tedious and I really appreciate your feedback and comments about the Aria.

Best Answer

I'm having this issue as well.  What I noticed is the scale is stuck in "Step on" mode and doesn't shut off.  Therefore causing the battery drain.  I have to remove a battery to make it stop.  The slightest touch will make it start again.  Just put new batteries in last week and was gone for a couple of days, came back and it was dead.  

After reading other posts and seeing that there's no solution for a product that I spent over $100 for and now I am out of luck because it quit working is very disappointing.  I'm not spending that kind of money again. I've had other scales that cost a lot less and worked for years and never had an issue.  Very disappointing.  

Best Answer