Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I put new batteries in my aria. It seemed to never properly cycle off and my battery life was about 2 weeks, dead again! Any ideas on how to get the scale back in proper form?
Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138
My Fitbit Aria scale is still eating through batteries.
What is my next step?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I knew. Maybe we all need to post on various social media shaming the company

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
No, I gave up on my scale. I tried the fix suggested. It did not work. I have never heard from the company as a moderator stated would happen. I’ve given up! Thinking I’m going to switch to Apple 4 watch. At least I know I’ll get support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That's disappointing, but I appreciate you letting me know. I just added the Charge 3 to my arsenal of Fitbit products, but should probably just jump ship and switch to apple too. Will have to order a new scale today.

Agreed, time to storm the Twitterverse!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Only solution I had was to take one battery and flip it in place till I used it again. Annoying but worked. Now I get ERR and even that does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having the same problem. Light always on, battery drain in 2 weeks. Plus always says no WiFi. From all the complaints from so many people it's headed for the trash.

Best Answer
Now I just get ERR. I think I have to throw away. I would like to get an Aria 2. IS that any better?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue! I replace the batteries ALLLL THE TIME!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is sad, they don't seem to care. I have already switched to the Apple Watch and it is amazing! Never Fitbit again!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the problem.
You will have to take the scale apart to fix it.

The scale feet have a tendency to become unseated if you slide the scale on the floor.
That causes to scale to never go into sleep mode, thereby draining the batteries.

Once you open the scale, re-seat the feet and put the scale back together.

Good luck

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was wondering what your posting has to do with the draining battery on a
weigh scale and , Do You Work for Apple or have you ever been involved in
covert election manipulations?
Sometimes the internet seems so corrupt.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves. This is no way to stay in business.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got fed up with mine and put it in the trash. I realized that it was also
giving me inacurate readings.

I'm going to get a regular one and keep track manually.

Good luck to you

Al Q
Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved the problem.  Working perfectly now. Will try to explain as simply as I can  Took the back cover off.  The are 4 strain gauges (resistive sensors)  embedded in the feet assembly.   Upon inspection, one of them appeared ajar.  Popped the assembly out of the main case noticing that two of the 3 plastic flex points that harness the sensor were broke.  Used JB weld and a tooth pick to apply and a hobby clamp to hold the entire foot aligning the points to cure overnight.  Reassembled and works like new.  Have pictures but hard to post here.  Poor design that probably broke points sliding scale across tile.

Just to add why this affects the battery.   The four strain gauges create the legs of a wheatstone bride that is the input to the analog front end to the digital processor.  When one of these sensors is not calibrated to the other 3 (due to the broken harness) it causes the processor to go into a loop of searching draining the battery.

That was wheatestone "bridge".  Wiki it and it will make sense.  I'm usually a lurker but thought I would chime in because earlier post on this helped me get to this point.  Thanks for your help as I was about to throw mine out too.

Best Answer

Thank you 🙏🏻 so much for taking the time to explain this! Going to check mine!

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this!! Going to check mine..

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was wondering if it a total mass in KGs that may be the root cause?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I'm done supporting FitBit. Their product design for real world use is abysmal. My Aria is out of warranty and has been going through the "step on scale" cycle that every other person has complained about and eats batteries. My wife and I have the Charge 2. The band on my wife's broke twice and mine broke once; all at the same faulty spot of the band. She went and upgraded to the Charge 3, but I refuse to. When this band breaks I'm off to something else that's not FitBit branded.

Now that everything is IoT enabled I'm sure to find a different scale to replace this garbage. Nokia actually has a decent product at a lower price point.

Best Answer

Yes,  the same thing is happening to me.  I like this scale-  however it doesn't cycle off and it doesn't sync. I absolutely will not replace the batteries twice a month. 

Can anyone from Fitbit help us please?   Is this a defect? Is there a secret move we are not doing?

thx!

Best Answer

Same issue but it’s now draining new batteries in less than a DAY! I am taking the batteries out after each use now which is a pain until I can buy a different scale. This scale is an expensive piece of junk. My parents have had their basic digital scale for 15+ years with no issues in comparison.

Best Answer