Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % doubled overnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm normally around 14-15% body fat, and since resetting the scales to connect to a different wifi hub, it has jumped to 30%! I've subsequently reset it many times, and also tried the 6 consecutive measurements. No luck, still has me at 30%.

Been working brilliantly since Dec, but not so now! Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@CHill73 It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your body fat percentage readings are not accurate after changing WiFi. Please make sure that your Dashboard settings such as weight, height and gender are correct. Also, make sure that your Aria is placed on an even or flat surface.

Once you've made sure of the details above, set up your Aria from scratch. After this, weigh yourself again 5 consecutive times and see if the issue gets resolved.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
I have tried all your suggestions, but no joy. I changed my profile from normal to lean and that brought my body fat down to 20%, which is still wrong unfortunately.
Is there anything else I can try or do the scales need replacing, as they're only 7 months old?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CHill73 Thanks for getting back! It seems that you have exhausted the troubleshooting steps suggested for this issue. I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can provide a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have additional questions my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@CHill73 You are very welcome! I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks.  [Replacement being sent]

Best Answer

Did you ever get your doubled-body fat- measure issue solved? What worked? Mine started doing this recently, too, after i had to set it up on a new WiFi network. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@euroclyde Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is also doubling your body fat percentage. Please restart it by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and monitor the next weigh ins and readings.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Was a solution found for the doubling body fat % issue?  After a long and frustrating call to tech support for an unrelated issue I had rejoining my Aria to the WiFi network after a password change it began doubling my body %

I've tried resetting the device multiple times by removing the battery, waiting 15 seconds and setting up the device from scratch.  The device continue s to report incorrect body fat %.

Any ideas on what I can do next?  This scale has given me some issues from day one.  All were resolved when they occurred.  The scale is now only 2.5yrs old and I do not want to spend another $200+ dollars for a replacement.  A scale should be functional for a much longer period of time.

Best Answer

@JM_ I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'll be happy to assist you with the inaccurate body fat readings that your Aria scale is providing. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. My scale still shows doubles body fat. I also have reset it, changed its batteries,  relogged it onto my wifi network. It seems broken.

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue. I went from about 15-16% up in to the 30s after a battery change. I have restarted the scale. Put on new WiFi network a couple times. It’s been this way awhile now. 

Actually, I had not worked out in a while and thought I gained more fat than I realized. I have a competitor scale for the place where I stay when I’m gone for work. It’s showing me in the mid teens where I used to be so I’m pretty sure my Aria is the issue and not my “gains”. 🤣

Best Answer

@euroclyde Thank you for getting back and welcome to our Fitbit Community! I appreciate the time you guys spent trying the troubleshooting steps shared above.

I'd just like to know a couple of details that will help me to assist you accordingly: Are your Aria scales placed on a hard surface? Are you stepping on the scales barefoot?

Looking forward to your responses! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue.  Yes on hard service & yes on barefoot, I hadn’t even been looking at the BMI since I had my daughter 1.5 years ago & then noticed 30% today.  Was even looking up normal BMI after baby since it’s my first but I am also 6’1” so a little different to research.  Then I noticed has been 30 no matter what weight since baby:(. If I didn’t already feel like a whale

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChelsW322 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate body fat readings either.

Since you already tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have the same issue after changing WIFi router and resetting connection. All profile entries are correct. 

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit 

I followed the advice given above (my Aria scale was also showing double-percentage body fat read-outs), and, having reset the Aria scale five times - including a couple of re-boots of my home WiFi router:-) I am please to say that the issue has resolved itself.

I am going to cross-post your solution and my response to another FitBit forum, where the moderator, unfortunately, is not able to suggest your very good solution.

Many thanks.

talprofs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Same issue here, it's now been 2 weeks I changed my internet provider / router, went from 20 to 38%. All weigh-ins are very repeatable, just 18% above what it should be.

I've contacted Fitbit support, which I must say is really bad. 2 weeks having to wait 4 days between each of their answers, which were the classic "reset your scale" "make sure your feet are try" ect... and since I recently got out of warranty, they just dropped my case here. Great.

After 4 tries at resetting the scale and countless weigh-ins, the BF just remains steadily around 38-39. If Fitbit can't figure out an actual way to solve the issue, at least I wish they'd be able to give us a "formula" to get our actual body fat %, if this number is relatable in any way to the actual one...

Best Answer

I also have the same problem with my Aria scale since I connected it to a different router/wifi. Body fat percentage went from ~16% to ~32%. To me, this seems to be a software-related issue since it occurs for everyone after switching router/wifi.

Best Answer
0 Votes