Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % is wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After using My Aria for 2 months, it suddenly stopped registering the correct body fat. At first my bf was 18.7% and one day when I weighed myself, it shows that I was 9.2% only. My bf lowered 11.5% over night and I knew it wasn’t right. (I weigh myself same time every morning). Also, I know how to measure bf manually using a caliper and 18.7% was right on the money. So what is the fixed for this issue. Obviously, I’m not the only one having this problem. Your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Hi, 

I have lost 13 lbs, but the fat percentage has not changed. I took out the batteries for 15 seconds and weighed myself 5 times, and it still has not adjusted. Please help!

Best,

Whitney 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, they haven’t, mine continues to say bf everyday and they wouldn’t do anything about it because it was just out of warranty. So now I and so many others just have a really expensive useless scale....good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wdd440 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not providing accurate body fat readings. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. Please check out your profile settings (weight, height and gender) are updated. Make sure to change the settings if necessary through your web-based Dashboard and let me know if the settings are correct.

@SunsetRunner Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

The suggestion resolution did not work. Change battery and weight self 5 times - each percentage different with last one 15.3% which is at least 3.6% inaccurate. What is the margin of error on the aria scale? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have checked my profile settings and it is correct.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the troubleshoot guide 2x and getting a new set of bf %. Now around 35, so somewhere between the (correct) 25s and the previous 43s. 

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PhilipB325Dub @Wdd440 @HeinS Since the issue persists after following the recommended troubleshooting steps. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your cases to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You guys will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with the body fat not being accurate.  I tried removing the batteries and putting then back in and it didn't help. What was the solution/outcome as I'd really love to have my scale working correctly again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried everything and the only thing that got me closer to my original BFI was to go into my app and toggle my personal info, Sex: from Male to female and back to male again. It’s not exactly the same as when I first got my scale but it’s close. Close enough to give me a reference point to work from.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi,

Go to your profile and make sure your gender is set correct.

Best -

Hein
Best Answer
0 Votes

The gender is correct. I've had this scale for years and have never had a problem. Now all of a sudden it is telling me my BTP is 5%. I know this is not correct. I've tried changing the batteries, that doesn't work either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, then push harder for Support. I also got the general things like replacing batteries before someone came up with the Gender setting. That worked for me. Your case is probably different. Have you checked against a different scale (in a gym or so?)

Best

Hein
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally!!!

Many thanks @Alfanino !

It is not possible to do in the Android app but on the web Dashboard and IOS it works.

at the Android app doesn't do this but on the web and IOS it works.

It is very strange that Fitbit support does not refer to this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello for some reason my Aria is measuring wrong my fat%, is there any effective way to fix it? 

Thanks, Eduardo 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve recently change my WiFi hub and reset Aria as published. My body fat has jumped from 22 to 41. I’ve tried all the suggestions on the forum but the fat is still incorrect??!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
All I can say is that when I switched from gender setting Sex(M/F) from male to female saved, the. Went back in and toggled back to male, saved again. It all went back to normal. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
what in **ahem** is that
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just dropping in to say I've tried the steps as instructed many times within this thread but my Aria 2 scales are still showing very low 6.8% bf.

Using the boditrax machine at the gym shows I am 13.7%.

I am aware that the scales at the gym have a much better reading, but my scales are way off. What else can I do to correct them?

After doing some reading through other guides I managed to find where the 'lean mode' toggle was and turned that off. Body Fat is now showing a more reasonable percentage. 

Within the app click your Profile Icon > Click Aria 2 > Click Users > Click your Profile Icon > Toggle Lean off

This shows a more realistic %

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had a Fitbit wearable watch for 6 years now. I have ARIA scale that we’ve had since firT one cake out.
Recently I have been exercising and losing weight, my body fat percentage was it 26.4% few days ago, now it’s giving me somewhere between 36% and 39% body fat. I’ve done my own troubleshooting by taking the batteries out, I’ve been online two different times to chat, and still having the same problem.  Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I logged in and toggled the opposite gender (M/F), saved settings and then went back in to enter your correct gender and the % went back to normal. It worked for me. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer