Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat percentage increased

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so I see this is a reoccurring problem for some folks and I've tried following the guidelines given and nothing is working. 

The backstory, recently my network was changed causing me to have to reconnect my Fitbit Aria to my wifi for the first time since Feb. Immediately something was off when it reconnected however as my body fat jumped to 30.1% body fat up from 12-13% back in Feb. My roommate who is the same height but heavier than me with a visible tummy read 13% after the network whereas mine has continuously read in the high 20's. 

What I've tried:

I removed the batteries for 15 seconds and weighed 5 times, no change, in fact my body fat % went up each weigh-in. I switched from regular to lean and back, no change. I've tried a factory reset, no change. I'm sure I've gained some weight due to covid but not almost 20% body fat. Is there any solution or suggestion for this that Fitbit is willing to provide at this point?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

So I tried something new, I created a new account and sure enough, my BMI reading jumped down to consistently 15.8-16%. When I deleted all the high readings on my main account it still didn't correct this measurement so I'm at a loss as to how to correct my data on an account I've had for 5 years. It sucks but I'll be tracking my BMI on one account and steps and fitness on my main. 

Best Answer
0 Votes