Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

I am having the same issue.  I had no trouble setting up when I bought the scale, but when I moved and changed my internet, I was unable to connect the scale for tracking.  I tried both mobile device, and PC.  I follow the set up just fine, but once I am connected to the scale, it says my network can't be found, but when I show all available networks, I can see it.  I paid a lot of money for something that I can not use the way I intended it.  I think you are losing to iFit.  Much better service, and much better product with lots of accessories.  Next time I will give them my hard earned money! 

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my scale when getting a new router.  I fixed it by making my old router a slave to to my new one. 

The Fitbit scale wifi uses the old 802b protocol.  If you saved your old router and don't know how to make it a slave you can get instructions on Google or send me a message and I'll try to help you.

Jerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

What in the world did I say that would activate you to post that on response?

Best Answer

Same thing. Created a new network called jackedup. Today the band on my Charge2 broke again. Really disappointed in FitBit. The **ahem** scale won't go into a breakdown mode and at be able to be used as a plain old scale. Shameful. I am going to look into Withings everyone mentions.

Best Answer

I have been using my old router as a slave to my new router for about a year.  The only thing connected to the old router is my Fitbit scale.  I don't think it matters how slow your scale is in wifi.

Jerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 2G and 5G line but can NOT change which to use in the setup. Rather than trash the scale, how can I just use it as a normal scale without WifI?

I tried with a desktop (WiFi only connected) cpu and Android Phone but both failed.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Do you see any wifi networks on your Android?  I cannot help you much as I now have a iPhone now.  But always found it easy to setup when using Android.

Also you see network connections on your PC by right clinking the network icon on your task bar and choose Open Networks.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria needs an 802.11b frequency to recognize the router, but my router is at 802.11ac. Do i need to contact my wireless provider to change the frequency?

Best Answer

Your wireless provider won't be able to help you.  Try connecting to router with your 2.4GHz band.  802.11b protocol in the Aria is old tech.  If you updated your router to a new one and save your old one you can set it up as a slave.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I totally understand how you feel about the connection issues between your Aria scales and your WiFi networks.

The Aria scale requires the protocol 802.11b in order to connect. For more information, I'd like you to check out this help page, under the Aria scale section.

I will close this thread. In case the issue persists, please start a new topic or you can get in touch with our Support team. We appreciate your patience and time with this.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes