Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

Did you have any issues having to change the password on your router? I upgraded in April to new wireless DVR and new Gateway and Wireless Access Point w ATT U-verse. I already had U-verse. The difference on my new set up is the new password has special characters beside just Alpha and Numbers. Only advice I have found is to change my password to one without the special characters. I have hesitated to do that ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Thank you everybody for all your posts, information, advices, tips, everything! I would love to share some tips with you to fix this issue:

1. First, verify that your WiFi password

2. The Aria connects to your wireless home network and works with any Wi-Fi router that uses the following standards: 802.11b frequency setting, WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security, automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration are not supported).
- Make sure your SSID and password should only contain alphanumeric characters (e.g. A-Z, 0-9). If you experience failures to connect to a network that uses special characters, change the name of the network to only use alphanumeric characters, and try to connect again.

3. Before attempting setup again, I recommend the following:
- Keep the scale within 10 feet of your main router.
- Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
- If you're using extenders, make sure the extender is on a lower channel than your router.

4. Finally, try to Set Up your Aria Scale one more time by following the steps here on this video https://youtu.be/D7Q5FvHHPJo

I really hope this help guys. However, if the issue persist, please try to contact Costumer Support.

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

Most of the people just changed either their router or their router's
password

Guillaume 

Moderator edit: personal information  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send it back and go and buy a withings ws50. Same problem here. Gutted to be honest, although the withings is much better turns out
Best Answer
0 Votes
The downfall with this is that the aria scale only connects up with yesteryear routers.

Took me 5 days of emails to figure this out after upgrading my router to a modern unit running 802.11N wifi
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same exact issue with a refurb Aria. The wifi was set to a different network. What worked was pushing in the factory reset button, which is a tiny pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds (batteries installed) then taking a battery out for 10 seconds. I had my wifi connections tab opened in Windows 10, saw the Aria's network, and was able to connect to it and set up my scale like it was new. They are probably tested at the refurb facility O.o and they forgot to reset it. I configure and troubleshoot commercial internet and wireless -- who knew the skills were usable outside of work
Best Answer
As soon as you put that battery back in and the scale powers up, you should see the Aria's wifi network (unless the device got excessive moisture in it or some other form of damage/defect). The software/firmware aren't defective, but they lack quite a few technical details online -- there is not one article or help topic that mentions the reset button.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally. Someone posted that the scale had to physically be within 10 feet
of the home router during set up sync. This made all the difference in
successfully connecting a new router to an existing scale. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey guys @fuzzybill74 @SunsetRunner @junkphrases @joanmarie789

@fuzzybill74 @SunsetRunner thank you for your information, did you was able to get back on track? 

@junkphrases those are great tips to make it work, thanks for sharing. But, be careful, Fitbit doesn't recommend press this button, because as you said, you are going to Factory Reset your Aria Scale and could stop working.

@joanmarie789 You're welcome, is working properly now? 

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

I was able to do it, but this was such a pain, just for a change of WiFi password.  You REALLY need to implement a better way to set up the scale, in case of WiFi password change or router change.

Best Answer
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy to hear that you are back on track @fuzzybill74 @joanmarie789.

@fuzzybill74 thank you very much for your feedback, Fitbit is constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and they appreciate all of the input we receive from our users. If want to share an idea how to improve the set up process, the best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas Board on our Community, which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback and if you do, don't forget to share the link, to vote for your idea. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your weekend guys!   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really,

There at mounds of feedback right here on how poorly your product works when trying to setup wifi. I suggest you ask your staff to read all forums and not just one section. Please start here and fix what is not working before looking for new ideas.

Even better, why not become an active participant right here. We could sure use the advice of a company rep to provide detailed steps to address your product’s shortcomings. Or maybe your omission is really admission of a definite problem.

Thanks, you have just given me the added push I needed to put my fitbit scale on eBay and try out your competition. After all, they have received great reviews.
Best Answer
Was the scale within 10 feet of the router? That made all the difference
in my success. One that was done I put the scale back where I normally use
it. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

HI I had this same issue. New wifi network and it wouldnt connect......wifi err

In the last step in the setup programme it says to go from the aria wifi back to you own wifi in the settings.....DONT DO THIS...just stay with the aria wifi connection and hit  "Im connected", wait a few seconds and you should see sucess.

Thanks wmchapman for the advice

Best Answer
0 Votes

You do have to be within 10 Feet of the home router. It will not work otherwise.  They should have that in the instructional video. It worked once I moved it there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To all having this problem, this might help.

Had the same problem myself, got a new router from my ISP, and couldn't get the scale to connect to the new router. (tried for hours, always getting "WIFI ERR" message at last step from the scale).

As it happened, my SSID (the name of my network) contained an underscore (it was something like XXX_YYY). Following the advice given by a moderator above stating that supported SSID's should only by alphanumerical, I renamed my network, getting rid of the underscore (now it's just XXXYYY). (done via the router interface, accessed by typing 192.168.1.1 in the navigator address bar, or other similar method)

Then...it just worked... (Horray!) (No cheers for FitBit though).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  Says my wifi password is wrong.  not the case.  so am I just to keep trying?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check that your password is only made up of letters or numbers. Same for your wifi SSID. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

ENABLE IPv6 Pass Through.

IPv6 > Connection Settings

IPv6 allows devices like Aria to connect to each other via the Internet.

Devices connected to your router can talk to each other using native IPv6 packets. IPv6 packets on the LAN will automatically be sent to all LAN interfaces (Ethernet ports and both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks).

When pass-through is enabled, IPv6 packets will also be copied to the WAN interface. (This creates a direct, non-secure connection to the Internet.) Please contact your ISP for information about their support for IPv6.

Best Answer