Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't see WiFi networks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During setup my new aria doesnot display any wifi networks despite being right next to the router.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to have you around my friend @despowley! I'd like to direct you to an alternate method which should allow you to connect your scale. To use this method, watch the video this video or use the web-based method steps at this link.

If you use a computer for this procedure, you will need to switch Wi-Fi networks on your computer when prompted to do so. Please ensure that your computer is not physically plugged into the router during setup.

If you use a smartphone or tablet for this procedure, the scale will automatically sync to your Fitbit account once the Aria has been set up. Your account can be viewed on any computer, and your mobile device is not needed after the setup process is complete.

If you encounter difficulty during this process, we recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies, turning your router off for 30 seconds, turning your router back on, and attempting setup again. If you're still unable to connect your Aria, please provide us with the following information so that we can assist you further:

1. At what point in the scale setup process do you run into trouble? Please let us know of any error messages you've encountered on the scale or your computer/mobile device.
2. What is the make and model of your router?
3. What is the distance between the scale and the router during set up?
4. Does your WiFi password exceed 31 characters or spaces? Does it include any non-alphanumeric characters (such as ! or &)?
5. What is your scale's firmware version? You can find this number by removing the battery from the scale for 10 seconds, placing the battery back in the scale, and turning the scale back over. On the display, you will see the letter "V" followed by a number (e.g. V29). This number represents your firmware version.

Let me know how it goes Man Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

This video is not a solution to the problem we are experiencing.  My Aria doesn't show a single network of any kind and there are many available.   This video doesn't come close to addresssing the issue - does the sticker need to come off, is there another way connect - why not blue tooth?  A USB cable? Disappointed in this setup.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

It's nice to have you around my friend @despowley! I'd like to direct you to an alternate method which should allow you to connect your scale. To use this method, watch the video this video or use the web-based method steps at this link.

If you use a computer for this procedure, you will need to switch Wi-Fi networks on your computer when prompted to do so. Please ensure that your computer is not physically plugged into the router during setup.

If you use a smartphone or tablet for this procedure, the scale will automatically sync to your Fitbit account once the Aria has been set up. Your account can be viewed on any computer, and your mobile device is not needed after the setup process is complete.

If you encounter difficulty during this process, we recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies, turning your router off for 30 seconds, turning your router back on, and attempting setup again. If you're still unable to connect your Aria, please provide us with the following information so that we can assist you further:

1. At what point in the scale setup process do you run into trouble? Please let us know of any error messages you've encountered on the scale or your computer/mobile device.
2. What is the make and model of your router?
3. What is the distance between the scale and the router during set up?
4. Does your WiFi password exceed 31 characters or spaces? Does it include any non-alphanumeric characters (such as ! or &)?
5. What is your scale's firmware version? You can find this number by removing the battery from the scale for 10 seconds, placing the battery back in the scale, and turning the scale back over. On the display, you will see the letter "V" followed by a number (e.g. V29). This number represents your firmware version.

Let me know how it goes Man Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Ensure you have 802.11b enabled.

Best Answer

Agree with you @tastybrew Woman Very Happy.The Aria communicates using the protocol 802.11b and will not set up otherwise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All resolved, this was a Fitbit setu software issue. A complete reinstall solved the problem. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Best Answer

Wonderful news my friend @despowley, I'm glad to hear everything went fine Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a nice day Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setup using a laptop I get to the point that says returning to your Wi_Fi network. At his point it disconnects

from the newly created ariaXXXXXX network and attempts to return to my wi-fi network, which does not reconnect. When I try to manually connect, it errors out "unable to connect". Also will not connect to any other wi-fi networks. Must reboot to reconnect, and start over, which basically puts me in a "do loop".

Broadcasting SSID and network mode Mixed.

Distance between scale and router is about 10 feet.

Password is 8 characters, no non-alphanumeric.

Scale firmware is V35.

Have rebooted the router no change.

My wife tried with her android phone and got to the point where the scale was showing Networks Detected, but, coulde not log back in to the wi-fi network from that spot. "Network not found"

Any ideas?

TNX

Keith

Moderator edit: some personal information

Best Answer
On the IPhone go to settings and on your wifi press the blue circled i
At the bottom press the blue box marked AUTOMATIC. YOUR WIFI name will appear in your Aria setup menu. Select your wifi and enter password.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by guys @KeHl @journey892009, how you doing? Have you followed and checked the steps I've posted above?

Thanks so much for your contribution my friend Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately don't have an iPhone. Got a Samsung S4 Android.

Going to try hardcoding the 2.4Khz channel on the router to 802.11b only (currently running mixed mode)

tnx for the response.

keith

Best Answer
0 Votes

For sure @KeHl, give it a shot and let me know the outcome! I'd recommend doing the process with the computer by now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you enable this?

What is this and hoe do I enable it? the Aria will not find my network on my iphone or laptop however the scale states networks detected.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. I changed the router settings on the 2.4Ghz channel to 802.11b, removed the security and password.

Went thru the setup on the laptop. Get to the point that I get the "Join a network" screen and try to join my home network, it doesn't find it. When I click on the "Join other network" it scans but doesn't find any network. It doesn't show any networks on the screen. The Aria says Networks Detected. The firmware version on the Aria is V37.

The laptop connects to my home wi-fi with no problem.

I'm running out of ideas.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Mrs.G, hope you're doing well Woman Very Happy! Have you tried the suggestion I've posted at the beginning? Even when watching the video and following the steps, are you still getting the "Network Detected" on the display?

Thanks for those efforts my friend @KeHl, at this point I believe that would be better if you get in touch with Customer Support. They'll investigate where the issue is coming from and guide you through the set up process, just don't forget to mention the steps you've done so far and the error you're getting.

Good luck, hope you have a nice start of the week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will call Customer Support in Frankfurt this afternoon (my time in about 5 hours). Will post what I find out.

tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

For sure @KeHl, you'll be in good hands my friend! 

I'll be around awaiting for the good news! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all of that multiple times. I have read and read, and do not have or know what the 802.11b wifi is. I believe that has to be my problem. Aria states networks detected but it does not show during setup. I believe I need to return the scale. I'm disappointed as Fitbit is something I wear religiously everyday for the past two years. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't give up yet sweetie @Mrs.G, go ahead and contact Support as I've mentioned previously. They'll give you a hand on this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I contacted FitBit tech support and they walked us thru the setup.We got to the same point. Scale says Networks Detected but the setup program doesn't see any. Ironically, this is the last step.

So they had me move the scale and the laptop to where my router is and try it again, same result.

I changed the 2.4GHZ channel from Mixed Mode to only use 802.11b and rebooted the router, same result and killed my wi-fi radio speakers in the process.

The tech support folks advised me to return the Aria to the reseller, which I will do tomorrow.

I believe that it's a problem with the firmware version. This one is running V37. Can anyone else verify that they are having problems with their Aria running the same version or a different version, @mrs.G?

I don't want to buy another Aria just have the same problem again.

Any responses would be appreciated.

tnx

It may not be your router. I have the exact same problem and I've changed the settings on my router to only use 802.11b. See my latest post.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I would like to suggest that FitBit consider the following:

1. Take a hard look at the firmware for compatibility with all wireless protocols especially 802.11N.

2. Put a NIC card in the Aria so it can be configured by connecting a PC or Laptop directly to it with a cable and develop a setup program that can be run locally.

3. Add a nic card so that it can be run on a cabled LAN and report to the tracker via Wi-Fi for those of us that have combo cabled and wi-fi routers.

Don't know who to suggest this to, although I do know the help desk isn't the correct place.

tnx

Best Answer