Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't see WiFi networks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During setup my new aria doesnot display any wifi networks despite being right next to the router.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79
The firmware was V39 but I returned mine. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There seem to be a lot of people with the same issue. Please post the outcome when you get a new one.

Thanks for the response.

Best Answer
I am an avid Fitbit lover, however I don't plan I re-purchasing until Fitbit makes the scale better for all routers and modems. I'm disappointed that they have such backwards technology with the scale. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria is running v38 firmware. No problems seeing and connecting to various WiFi networks. It's unfortunate that the Aria only has an 802.11b capability but otherwise my scale has been solid.

@KeHl wrote:

I would like to suggest that FitBit consider the following:

1. Take a hard look at the firmware for compatibility with all wireless protocols especially 802.11N.

2. Put a NIC card in the Aria so it can be configured by connecting a PC or Laptop directly to it with a cable and develop a setup program that can be run locally.

1. Fitbit would need to upgrade the hardware before 802.11n is an option.

2. A simple USB port would be great and likely cut down on a lot of the configuration difficulties discussed in the forum.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really wanted to use the scale, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to discover my network dispite the aria stating it detected them. Reading lots of reviews on different websites most people have the same problem. Hoping Fitbit will redesign the scale to make it more user friendly and easier to set up.
Best Answer
I have an iPhone and had the same problem. After selecting the Aria wifi you out your iPhone setting on Wifi to automatic. You will find it at the bottom of the page after you push the blue circled ! You will be able to put your wifi password in then. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This video is not a solution to the problem we are experiencing.  My Aria doesn't show a single network of any kind and there are many available.   This video doesn't come close to addresssing the issue - does the sticker need to come off, is there another way connect - why not blue tooth?  A USB cable? Disappointed in this setup.

Best Answer
Read my earlier post. It worked my my iPhone Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - it did nothing - still not able to view any wifi networks.  I dropped it it off at the UPS store today - for such an expensive product - way too complex.  Not sure why they didn't use the same setup as the fitbit - would have been slick.

Best Answer

I just got my replacement Aria in the mail. Did the setup with a laptop about 5 feet from the scale. The scale was about 15 feet from the router. It was set up in about 3 minutes with multiple users.

I don't know what version of firmware this one is running, it doesn't sho the version on the scale like the other one did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear that worked - I wish there was an easy way to know if it is the new version or the older v37 version by the packaging.  I returned mine for refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

KeHI,

I have just purchased an Aria today and have the same problem, I have tried all methods, think I meet the naming conventions, b type, etc, but the scales cannot see any networks. Have logged a call to support and if its not resolved, it's going back.

Must confess, if I'd had a bit more of a look at some of the traffic on this site, I may not have purchased the scales in the first place. 801.11b is old technology, adn connetion problems seem far too common.

Best Answer

The tech support folks just walked me thru the setup twice. The final recommendation was to return the scale. I got the second one from a different reseller and it worked just fine. Also, the good one does not show the version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I do end up returning it, I may wait a while then get a second set from another source.

By the way, I think my current scales show up as v37

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also stuck here with my Aria not finding the Wifi.

I bought mine a month ago and it shows version 37.

I want to set it up at my work and do not have control of the Wifi router.

I tried the setups both with the iPhone and from the computer.  A few observations:

It seems that both phone and computer can get to the point where it connects to the Aria's own wifi - great!

From there, the computer version of setup can see all the various Wifi networks.  I choose the Guest network and enter the correct password.  The wizard seems to be sending the password to the Aria, but after about two minutes, it stall out and says unable to connect.  It asks me to reset the battery in the Aria and try to connect again.  Then it loops through the same process over again.  It never makes it past this step.

When I try it from my phone, it loads a web page in my iPhone browser.  This page seems to work- it asks me to manually switch the phone's wifi to the Aria wifi.  Check.  Then it tries to scan for available networks.  For some reason, the list of networks shown is much smaller than the networks shown in the computer version of setup- only one or two rogue wifi hotspots, but not my corporate ones that have excellent signal strength.  I am able to refresh this list, but it does not help.  Since it cannot locate the wifi network, I cannot proceed with the setup.

If this is a known issue with the Aria scale, can someone from Fitbit please post a tech note detailing the limitations of the V37 version of the scale?  Is there a formal process to request a replacement, or do we have to go though a long tech support call?  Help!

Best Answer
Same problem here.
Best Answer

I have the same problem. i read in a german article about a fitbit area test, that the wifi lost the connection sometimes. Is this the same error?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't sound the same error, just another one. At least Fitbit Support agreed that I should return mine, which I did. So, now I'm looking for another solution
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having similar problems and now the account doesn't recognise the email address or password (can't tell which) and it won't connect to the household WiFi. Round and round in circles 😞

Is it difficult to return the device??

Best Answer
Same problem. Software V39. At the "associate network" step the scale network cannot detect any of the five networks at my house. Have to start over. My scale is 10 months old and worked fine until this week. Was there an update?
Best Answer
0 Votes