Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't see WiFi networks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During setup my new aria doesnot display any wifi networks despite being right next to the router.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Got my scale July 2017 and it has worked fine up to now. Now it has lost connection and exhibits the exact same issues as reported here if I go through the setup again. No WiFi networks shown after connecting laptop to the Aria. Looks like it just died.

JP
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria only had Wifi frequency 802.11b. My new router didn’t have the frequency. I explained that to the shop I bought and they exchanged it with new model, Aria 2, for me.

Check your router frequency first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar story here: Switched to Ubiquiti devices long ago (unifi) and initially the scale worked without issue (I have 802.11b enabled). Suddenly it started complaining about not being able to access the network.

I finally found the reason why: They seem to have introduced a (what they call) "2G Data Rate Control" and enabled it by default. It is explained as follows:

Use the slider to determine what bitrates your network will allow.

Disabling lower bitrates can improve performance for higher-density networks but will make some older devices incompatible with your network, as well as limiting the range of your wireless network

Disabled it and the Aria can connect again. For those passing here later on (or perhaps myself in a couple months) 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have attempted to change my ARIA network scale for 2 years. We've now moved out of state, brand new router, and same issue. Neither my laptop or cellphone ever show "AriaXXXXX" network available for connectivity. Yes, V29 displays. Yes, "Tap to Change" network shows and even if you jump on the scaled it simply blacks out. Scale itself works, but doesn't sync and can't connect to correct home network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have Aria scale, it only had 802.11b frequency. I assume your new router doesn’t have the frequency, because the frequency is not safe (someone said, it’s easy to hack). 
so, you have two choices:

1. Get a router that it has the frequency - it might be hard for the reason above.

2. replace the Aria - in my case, it was lucky that it happened within the warranty covered period.

I understand what I said would be frustrating. I wish you luck that the shop will replace it for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was my problem. Ty @tastybrew

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I know if it is enabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes

it was a setting in my router. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do I go to see if 892.11b is enabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

everyone's routers are different, so I would consult the support site for your router. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had information on the box, but you should be able to ask your internet provider. or Google with your modem model number. There should be a sticker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem - connect to the Aria wifi network however the final stage it shows no available wireless networks in the app or via the browser. If I click on the wifi icon in the bottom right of my laptop screen it of course shows multiple available networks - the same when I check wifi networks on my phone. Tried connecting manually to the network and the app says it doesn't recognise the network. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, reset the Aria multiple times., tried setting up on my Galaxy Note via the app and my Surface Pro via the browser - same problem each time. Fitbit - it shouldn't be this hard!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, looks like the Aria is still a boat anchor. I ditched mine a couple of years ago in favour of a Withings scale, albeit that I have also left the Fitbit ecosphere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the option for 802.11b, I have 80211 a, n ac, an

Best Answer
0 Votes

What version of Aria do you have? First Aria only connect to 802.11b, but many new routers only have 80211 a, n ac, and an. Check the box that router came in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what does this mean?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have Fitbit Aria (first version) and having issues? 
If so, it looks like you either need to do something with your router. >> See other comments that talk about the router switch etc.

OR change the Aria scale to Aria 2. >> This is what I did, but the shop exchanged it due to the extended warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the video is private

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,

I cannot get my Aria scale to connect to my network. I have tried on a computer, a tablet, and my phone. The network is 2.4G and has only numbers and letters in the name and password. The password is 16 characters long.

1. The point where I run into trouble is after connecting to the scale WiFi. My network is not displayed as an option, nor can I manually enter it.

2. Vendor router is Technicolor, model number CGM4331COM.

3. Distance between router and scale as close as 6 feet.

4. Password is 16 characters with only letters and numbers.

5. Firmware version is 39.

Any assistance you can provide is much appreciated. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes