Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria connecting to WiFi is hit and miss - are logs available to read

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We switched our internet provider to T-Mobile Home Internet.  I was able to update the WiFi on the scale to sync with the new router.  I weigh myself daily and my wife less frequently.  All my weighings do not sync as the scale does not establish a WiFi connection every time.  This morning, I weighed myself and, a few minutes later, when I was in the shower, my wife weighed herself.  Her measurement was synced, mine was not.  The frequency of not connecting is frustrating.  Is it because the scale is using a really old WiFi protocol or what?

Are there any logs I can look at to see if there area any error codes being reported?  I don't know if it is connecting and not transmitting data or not connecting at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Does your new router meet the Aria requirements?

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bit slow in replying but yes, the router meets all the above requirements. It is still happening, some days the measurements go through, other times they don't.  Only one improvement that would make it acceptable is if it could upload all those measurements that hadn't been synced since the last successful upload.  I guess that it is too radical an idea to code!

It's not even worth considering getting a newer scale as there is no guarantee that it would sync any better other than allegedly using Bluetooth to sync data.

Best Answer
0 Votes