Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays a "Step Off, Sensing" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many others I am suddenly having the issue of the Thinking... Err message, though I have done just about everything I can to fix the issue myself.

Long story somewhat short, we had an electrical storm that fried our Xfiniti modem and had to get a new one.  When it was replaced we noticed that our Aria was longer syncing.

I tried to get the Aria to connect to the new modem but it wasn't seeing the wifi networks (2.4/5.0) through the phone app, and using the desktop app failed when saving wifi information to scale.

I looked online for the issue and after checking the settings of my new modem I noticed that it was able to broadcast in 802.11 G/N only.  So I did what others suggested and set it up on a mobile hot spot through my phone, which it found and saved no problem, confirmed by taking the batteries out and reading the display which verified the newtowrk was saved.

However, when I tried to step on the scale, I got the dreading:

HI 😃

SENSING

STEP OFF SCALE

THINKING...

ERR

I made sure I was barefoot and on an even surface, and tried well over 5 times to calibrate it... Nothing.

So I then dug out my old Airport Extreme today and hooked it up since I knew it was capable of broadcasting 802.11 B/G/N and was able to set it up successfully through the Windows setup, it was even syncing with my app and online profile.  

But I still get the dreaded ERR message no matter how many times I try to calibrate it on even ground barefoot.

So basically I have tried everything I can that has been suggested.  I'm about to contact support but I'm almost positive I am out of warranty.  I'm going to try the whole sequence one more time after deleting the Aria again but will contact support if it fails and update this either way.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@jland13 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the"Sensing Thinking ERR" message that your Aria scale started to display. I was able to get in touch with our Support team regarding the case created and I'm sorry that you were told that your Aria is already out of warranty.

I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes