Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays a "Step Off, Thinking ERR" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I own 2 Aria scales, one black, one white. They were working fine up until a few months ago where they both simultaneously broke down with the issue being the “Step On -> Step Off -> Thinking -> Err” problem.

I tried everything, from repeatedly stepping on and off the scales to get it to recalibrate, to setting up a new WiFi connection, and even resetting to factory defaults. Nothing worked.

It can’t be a coincidence that both my devices are not working. I believe that it has something to do with broken firmware. I know that both scales are still regularly syncing with FitBit as I can see through my app that they still are.

I just hope that FitBit isn’t actively trying to break the old Aria to force users to upgrade. I’m actually tempted to find and buy an old unopened Aria and see if this issue shows up on V37 because that would only confirm that V37 is indeed messed up.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@DigitalAnomaly Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on the "Step off Thinking ERR" message that your Aria scales are displaying. Since you already tried the recommended troubleshooting steps, I'd just like to know if your Aria scales are placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on them barefoot.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, both are placed on flat, stable surfaces and I always step on them barefoot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DigitalAnomaly Thank you for getting back and providing the details that were requested previously. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes