Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays an "Sensing Step off" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria can’t read my weigh.

Sensing- step off - error. 

Why this is happening? 

Tried reset internet , 5 time calibration, 10 sec remove battery 

nothing working 

Fitbit please advise? it is broken and should be going to trash now?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hi. I'm having the exact same issue. Hopefully we can find someone to help us fix this.

Denise

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jooshan Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still displaying a "Sensing step off" message even after troubleshooting this issue properly. I would just like to know if your scale is on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

@Denisewalsh Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me find a solution for the error message that your scale is displaying. If you haven't done so, please try restarting and re-calibrating your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. after this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row. Finally, as mentioned above, make sure that your scale is on a hard surface and you step on it barefoot.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Hi.
Yes it is. Been trying for a number of days now to get this to work. Very frustrated. Hooks to internet no problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset my Aria AGAIN. I wish it was easier than it is. All I was doing was changing the batteries. BUT WE WILL SEE if it works thus time. Been trying to do this for 4 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same. Talk to support and they said to by the Aria 2. Why would I do that when this one failed. Not impressed with the solution. Will continue to try to fix it.....Otherwise I think I will have to go old school.

Best Answer

@Denisewalsh Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Llonnieajackson I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got fixed after trying the restart process. I appreciate your time and patience with this.

@scott1767 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria experienced the same issue and it's no longer under warranty. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
Thank you for everyone's response. I really think the sensors on the bottom or something on the inside is not functioning properly.
My husband looked at it, and it will go back and forth between "sensing" and "step off" before each is not even finished scrolling through the screen. Once in awhile, it gets this smiley-type face with a "hello" on it.
I am just going to buy another scale today. I don't think it will be an Aria(2) since they're so, so expensive and I'm retired now. But, I thank you for the responses.
Paula

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
My aria is still broken . I tried everything

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I have the same problem. And it is still not working. What to do?????

Best Answer

I have two. One is at work and one is at home.  They're both doing the same thing, and I've tried the same things to fix.  Any help for me?

Best Answer
I still haven’t been able to get mine to work either

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Worked fine one day and the next day I get this "sensing Step off" message. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions with no luck.

Best Answer

@Llonnieajackson I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with your Aria scale and I'm also sorry that you decided to go for another scale. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@Jooshan @jsrtree @JimCompton I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is still displaying the same error message after troubleshooting this issue properly. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You guys should receive an email from them soon.

@Denisewalsh I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they reached you via email. Please let me know if they provided a solution.

Best Answer
Customer support with Fitbit has always been wonderful for issues in the past. I really think that one or more of the sensors went bad on the bottom.
I did buy a scale, Renpho, from Walmart online. It links with Fitbit wonderfully. It has a lot more measurements, some I'm not sure how they read correctly, but it also has the same as the Aria. It only cost about $30-35. It has four sensors on the top to measure water, etc.
But, thank you for your responses.
Paula

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Llonnieajackson Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback. Don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions and we'll be happy to assist you.

Have a great day!

Best Answer