Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays "NO SYNC"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Aria for years, with no issues. Nothing has changed on my network. As of 3 weeks ago, my Aria stopped sync'ing. Upon weigh in, it knows who I am, and then displays "NO SYNC" when uploading the data. When I restart the device, it says it's connected to my network.

I'm finding varying articles on this topic. None of which have helped me to resolve.

Do I really need to factory reset or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I am having the same no sync issue. I reset and tried multiple times on my phone and laptop.

Hi all,

I am guessing that I will need to just buy the new ARIA 2 scale to stay within this weight losing infrastructure.  Since the scale does not work as a scale alone and needs some kind of connection just to function.  

Is there a way just to have the ARIA scale just display my weight and not sync?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Oh, that's funny. My scale continues to function as a scale, but I have to
jot down the weight each day in a spreadsheet, so now it's basically a
heavy $20 scale. Welcome to our dystopian IoT future!
Best Answer

Hi All,

Just looks like the moderator pulled some of us out and into another thread, noted that all issues were fixed but now did not allow any response on that thread.  Not sure whats going on but I just wanted to note that I have tried everything again and still No Sync.

if anyone has had any luck, can you help me?  Thanks in Advance.

Ken  

Best Answer

No luck at syncing. I was loading it manually, but then I've lost all of that data now (about 3 years worth), as I thought I'd remove the scale and reload it. So now I have no history and no syncing.

Just disappointed. I wonder if the local FITBIT in my country would replace the scale? I haven't asked this yet.

Best Answer

I had this issue about a month ago and finally got it to sync after several tries of various solutions proposed through all of these threads (using the app to reconnect, etc.) I am having the issue again. To be clear - the scale is set up fine and shows in the app that it is connected to the appropriate wifi, but after it shows the weight, etc. it shows the little wifi sign with an X over it instead of the checkmark that it should show signaling that it synced properly. 

FitBit - would you please pin a post that clarifies what the problem is and what is required to fix it. It appears that you just want us to get so frustrated that we buy another Aria.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. 

No sync after linking process. 

I contacted the support and they told me bluntly that I have no choice but to purchase a new scale. I am furious. I have been a long time Fitbit member. 

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
Wow! Thanks for letting me know. You would think that existing users would at least get a discount on a new one. Guess I’ll be manually logging until it breaks down altogether. All these gadgets are expensive and I’m not up for buying a new expensive scale every few years. I’ve purchased at least 8 Fitbits over the years for myself and others.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I had this very same issue and tracked it down to my routing all network through an Ad Blocker (pihole).

After I reconfigured the network to route traffic from the scale directly I was again able to sync.

I haven't sniffed the wire but I suspect the Aria sends a 'call home' to a URL that Ad Blocker treats as suspicious.

This likely won't help those who have made no network changes etc.

Cheers

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

no sync Sense August 15, No changes in the system, same ISP, same password, same everything.

I have tried everything, reset aria, network and routers . In the router it appears to be online

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also an original from 2015 that worked fine until beginning of Sept and now does the NO SYNC message or a simple X every time. I have tried factory reset and set up from scratch with no joy. Feels like Fitbit have done something. Come on Fitbit, give us the answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue. Sync error from mid august. wtf

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went through the same problem, but oddly my wife was able to sync. So I tried logging into the Fitbit app and found that for some reason it did not recognize my password. I reset the password with the "Forgot Password" link, logged back in with the new password, and the scale is now syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This error resolved for me. Issue was that device connected to wifi but then failed to get to Fitbit tinternet site. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me

i read the entire thread

did every suggested troubleshooting 

still no sync!

no change in my wifi or router!

Can i please get support? 
My Aria stopped syncing!

My wifi did not change.

My fitbit account is not a problem. 
Why can’t my scale information sync to my profile?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after hours of trying to sort this either "NO SYNC" or "WIFI ERR". I have talked to the technical team and it seems that new routers do not have 802.11b only setting, this is old technology and new routers do not support this. The Old Aria's will not work with the new technology. I have a plus net router that does not have that. I asked if there was a software update and was told no there is not. I also asked if there was a discount offered for the aria air (which will work fine) , I was told no and offered a new strap for my Fitbit tracker. So don't waste your time trying just check your router can be switched on 2.4ghz to 802.11 b only (no other letters).

hope this helps 

thanks 

TCM

Best Answer

I hooked an old wifi router to my system, just to use it with my Aria.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

It happened to my Aria scale as well (FB201W). It was working fine yesterday (05–Jan-21) but today no sync. Reset the network and changed the batteries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today as well. Working fine yesterday (Tue 1/5). Today displays NO SYNC. I've tried rejoining the network but it fails to connect to the network and goes back to the first step of setup. I have made no changes to my network (Google Nest Wifi). Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the reset and battery change work?

I have the very same problem as of 1/5/21...I’m wondering if the web site changed ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since so many users are reporting this issue today, seems like an outage on their side. I've opened a chat session and asked them to escalate.

Best Answer