Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays "NO SYNC"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Aria for years, with no issues. Nothing has changed on my network. As of 3 weeks ago, my Aria stopped sync'ing. Upon weigh in, it knows who I am, and then displays "NO SYNC" when uploading the data. When I restart the device, it says it's connected to my network.

I'm finding varying articles on this topic. None of which have helped me to resolve.

Do I really need to factory reset or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. No change for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution with this issue? I have changed nothing and my Aria has stopped syncing these last days. I put new batteries last week and the Aria switch on and switch off alone from time to time and in only one week it’s asking fot a battery replacement. But the biggest problem is that it’s not able to sync. When I reboot it (removing and putting again the bats) it finds the wifi properly, but when I use it it’s not able to sync anymore.

Nothing has changed in the network, wifi, router, password....

Any clue to solve it?

Best Answer

Experiencing the same issue which started this morning. No changes have been made to my network and my router uses 802.11n/b/g radio which should be supported by Aria scale. I have other devices that only support 802.11b and those are connected just fine.

Best Answer

Same issue for me here, worked fine yesterday, and now it's not - I have Google Mesh (the older ones, not the Nest series) and it has worked fine for everything else and Aria has always worked for the 2+ years I've had Google Wifi.

Suspecting an outage on Fitbit's end seeing as this thread has 8+ new comments saying their scales don't work. What a world we live in where something as simple as bathroom scales don't work when they can't reach the internet, lol.

Best Answer

Same here today fir me. Am suspecting an outage today at least. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of people who has an Aria reporting a “No sync” error message. 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I’m wondering if they changed how the scale talks to their website...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was OK this morning but see NO SYNC this evening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What time this morning? Mine didn’t work at 1130am eastern US time...if
yours worked before then, but not now, we be narrowed down when their
website broke...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to weigh and 10am PST and had no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked at 6.00 AM ET this morning - but failed at 18.00

Best Answer
0 Votes
Something appears to have broken at Fitbit between 6am and 1130am this
morning (1/6)...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Isn't it telling that Fitbit themselves have been silent on this? If it is an outage, wouldn't a customer focused company have a mechanism in place to effectively communicate these outages to their customers so we are not sitting here in the dark wondering what is going on, where the issue lies, and how to resolve the issue. Fitbit just continues to disappoint me personally. My Charge 3's screen is failing....just like the Charge 3 I owned previously failed. This is after 6 other various Fitbits I have owned too have failed after their warranty expired. Interestingly enough, my original 1st generation Apple Watch STILL works to this day just as it did on day one...even the battery still holds a charge just fine...the screen is in perfect condition. It will be 6 years old this April. Why can't FB do better? I WANT to love them, but they continue to give me too many reasons to not love them. If I didn't have so many friends still using Fitbits, I would not continue to use one. As weird as it may seem, I wear an Apple Watch on my left wrist and my Charge 3 on my right wrist. Not sure I will do it much longer although I generally really like the sleep tracking....if it didn't do that fairly well, I would have no other reason to wear it. FB! Put a services status page in place and proactively send out email updates anytime something is not working correctly. Focus on your customers' TOTAL experience please.

My issue happened at 11:30AM CST. It was still an issue as of an hour ago. I will try again later this evening.

Moderator edit: merged reply

- Scott
Best Answer
0 Votes

add another one to the list. worked around 8am est, but no sync around 1530

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Worked yesterday, but it hasn't worked as of 8am pst today. I noticed that I was also logged out of the Fitbit app, but even after logging back in, resetting the scale, etc etc, no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine didn’t work at 1130 am EST, so between 8am and 1130 something broke.

Yup...I don’t think it’s an outage because you can still log into their
websites. And it can’t be a problem with routers because we all have
different network equipment. I think they must have changed how the scale
logs into their website...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also stopped working for me today with Aria 1. I’m seeing a lot of people with the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, must be a network outage on fitbit side, as it was working fine the previous day which was my last successful sync at around 5pm tuesday. So between Tuesday night and wednesday morning something stopped working on fitbit side. 

It's annoying that I didn't get a notification from fitbit, and I had to go digging for this info, as well as the fact the time I spent trying to reset everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was just me!  I've been using this Aria for four years I think!  Got a synch Tuesday night (2021.01.05), get a NO SYNCH message today, dozens of resets for nothing. What a waste of time.  

Oh good, FitBit just asked that I do a survey when I'm through complaining.  😉

Best Answer
0 Votes