Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays "NO SYNC"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Aria for years, with no issues. Nothing has changed on my network. As of 3 weeks ago, my Aria stopped sync'ing. Upon weigh in, it knows who I am, and then displays "NO SYNC" when uploading the data. When I restart the device, it says it's connected to my network.

I'm finding varying articles on this topic. None of which have helped me to resolve.

Do I really need to factory reset or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Add me to the list - NO SYNC for 36 hours here in Australia.

Removed and reset the scale, after it connects to wifi I have "No SYNC" again.

Obviously a problem on the FB side, hopefully they fix it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add another one to the list! Synced yesterday morning but not this am (8:30CST)

Super frustrating, thought I was going crazy because I was running late this morning so when I noticed nothing had synced I was like "did I imagine weighing in???”

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria scales have also started doing this today having never been an issue. Router reset and battery removal made no difference. Not changed anything mentioned in thread to have done this.

Hope it can be resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, got NO SYNC message.

I tried to factory reset it but now it won't let me set it up again.

Maybe they all have an expiry date...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great. 

I just put a huuuge weight in MFP and that ported over to my fitbit app fine so that element worked too.

Maybe time for a change.

Best remove that big weight now!

EDIT not sure it'll do BMI yet though as that may come from aria calcs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 to NO SYNC. Started some time in the past 24 hours and synced fine yesterday morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of users with NO SYNC as well.

Last used the scale yesterday evening and it was fine.

Fitbit dashboard shows the time of my last weigh in was the last time it synced.

Funnily enough my old Flex which is still on the account is syncing fine as reported by the dashboard. Assuming the trackers and the scales sync differently.

Fitbit Aria 1 Scale - Model No. FB201W

Have done everything I can to resolve. Reset password on fitbit account, used different browsers and networks.

Setup goes fine and scale connects to wifi but then shows NO SYNC and goes back to SETUP ACTIVE.

Freebo, also in Australia

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did a support chat session and after going into extreme detail on my thorough troubleshooting steps and observations, I was told that they are not aware of any issues with Aria 1st generation scales. The tech, despite my in depth details wanted to blame 802.11b for the issue. I assured him that my equipment indeed does provide 802.11b just fine and that I have other old 802.11b devices still working happily on my network. He then wanted to check on my warranty....LOL obviously the Aria 1st gen hasn't been sold in several years and a replacement isn't going to fix this issue anyway....I just asked if he could please pass this issue along to the engineering team to make them aware that whatever update they applied to their corresponding server broke the syncing for the first generation Aria scales and to please come up with a fix. /sigh I do IT for a living....I am a one man operation so I have to be able to properly troubleshoot virtually any issue that comes along....while not yet perfect, I am very good at what I do and I love what I do as well. No room for silly mistakes either, so I am 99+% confident the issue is not on my or your end on this issue.

- Scott
Best Answer

Thanks MacnScott.

Hopefully, they will look into it.

But maybe it will help if we all do remote chat sessions and report the same?

One person reporting it, in their minds, means nothing.

If 50 people report the same thing.... that's much different?

What do you think? How did you do a remote chat with them?

Best Answer

Add me to list too.

My scales worked fine yesterday and this morning they failed to sync for me and my husband. Had Aria scales (1st generation) for several years now. They are connected to the correct wi-fi, have new batteries and there is no problem with our connectivity. The scales recognise us, then just won't sync. Very frustrating as we've just bought new fitbits (yes - they are working fine with the app and were syncing fine with the scales)......it seems. like others, this has just suddenly happened. Seamless tech is vital when trying to track diet and fitness and this clunkiness is so frustrating not to mention all the wasted time trying to find solutions!! Aaaarrrggg :(...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed that they no longer sell the Aria 2. They only sell the Aria Air which is a dumbed down "light" version of technology which only uses Bluetooth and not wifi. It doesn't test for body fat either. At this point, I will just say goodbye to Fitbit and get a Withings Body Cardio scale and stop using my Fitbit Charge 3 and only used my Apple Watch. Frankly, 90% of my Fitbit friends I have shared data with since 2013 have moved onto Apple Watches and its fitness tracking. I have simultaneously supported both platforms for the past 3+ years wearing an Apple Watch on my left wrist and an Fitbit on my right wrist to keep in touch fitness wise with all of my friends, but I only have a couple still using Fitbits and one of those is buying my Apple Watch 3 from my when my new 6 arrives next week. Frankly, the workmanship/build quality of the Fitbits has always fallen short. I literally have used over a dozen Fitbit trackers since 2013 due to failures on all but one....my first one that used a disposable battery....I sold it cheap to a friend and bought a more deluxe model. But all of them since that first have failed in one way or another. My Charge 3 is a warranty replacement and it too has the screen failing....entire lines on the display are missing just like the one before it. I do like its sleep tracking, but that is a strength of the new Apple Watch 6, so there goes that advantage.  Best of luck. I hope they do fix the Aria issue so I can sell mine on Facebook Marketplace once my Withings arrives...it is on sale right now too!

- Scott
Best Answer

Thanks for reply MacnScott - really helpful info - thank you for taking the time  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just throwing my hat into the ring too, having the same issue as everyone else. Last successful sync on 5 Jan, started getting the No Sync message last night. Resetting the scale and the router doesn’t work, and haven’t changed anything in my wifi setup or Fitbit setup in the last few weeks. Baffling. Hopefully Fitbit fixes this soon or looks like they’re going to lose a lot of customers based on this thread alone...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am another one to add to having the same problem.  I thought it was because I had reset my Google Wifi yesterday, but I have tried everything:

1. Reset the Aria (battery out for 10 seconds)

2. Reconnect to Google Wifi - Effect: it connected but "No SYNC" then back to Setup Active

3. Reset Fitbit password still "NO SYNC"

4. Connected to iPhone Hotspot - Effect: it connected but "NO SYNC" then back to Setup Active

5. Took batteries out for 30 minutes then tried reconnect - Effect: it connected but "NO SYNC" then back to Setup Active

You name it, I have probably tried it.  I am convinced this is a Fitbit problem, let's hope they look into it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here too. Just stopped syncing last night......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Another one with "No Sync" problems today...until yesterday everything was working fine. Just left the chat where the agent recommended to reset router and computer, but obviously didn´t work. After 1 hour, the agent said Fitbit would send me an offer via e-mail to change the scale...unbelievable!

I tried to argument it was a "worldwide" problem, but the agent (most likely a bot) said he could do nothing.

Anyway, let´s wait and see if Fitbit will notice the problem and fix it...

Regards,

Mateus

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yip, same issue here ... thankfully found this thread which saved me a lot of wasted networking troubleshooting effort!

Just sent a tweet to Fitbit to see if that flushes them out!

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 10.28.51.png

Best Answer

I am now stuck in the same loop with it just returning to setup mode no matter what i do. I will not complete the setup and connect to my wifi so it is now effectively a paperweight! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes