Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays "NO SYNC"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Aria for years, with no issues. Nothing has changed on my network. As of 3 weeks ago, my Aria stopped sync'ing. Upon weigh in, it knows who I am, and then displays "NO SYNC" when uploading the data. When I restart the device, it says it's connected to my network.

I'm finding varying articles on this topic. None of which have helped me to resolve.

Do I really need to factory reset or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I am in a chat with Fitbit help, they seem reluctant to accept it is a wider problem.  So far I have been asked to use the reset button - this changed the firmware from v39 to v23, but still no sync.  Lets see what the chat offers next...

Best Answer

thanks @RMcP30 please do let us know if it is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This effects both the Aria 1 and Aria 2. I have a 2 myself and found this issue persisting today. I monitored the network transmission of my scale to Fitbit's endpoint. No issue with my internal network and no changes have been made. There was no proper response sent back from Fitbit's API to my scale, so the scale shows "No sync". I refuse to buy the Aria Air, as I'm not going to downgrade by losing the BIA that the Air dropped. I understand BIA is not an accurate measurement of BF, but some of us would appreciate to see a long term trend with BF, even if it's inaccurate and it can give us a general idea. Fitbit should know this is an issue in the last 24 hours just by the increase in volume on all the No Sync threads on this forum. I see no direct contact method available for me, even though I'm a Premium user. It's possible they also might have just silently dropped support for their legacy Aria models. Either way this is a poor handling of communicating to customers and makes me regret my Sense and premium purchase. I have switched back and fourth between the Fitbit and Garmin ecosphere a few times, but gave Fitbit one last time for their better simplicity and breakthrough with the Sense release. This might finally be the straw the to break the Camel's back, and hopefully this outage is resolved soon.

Best Answer

Definitely seems like an update has grenaded the unit as mine was fine yesterday and i have not changed anything in my setup. I can't even get mine connected to the Wifi now so don't even know how i will get it to update again to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking forward to hearing the outcome. Perhaps Fitbit think a bunch of people - unknown to each other - have decided to get together and make this up because, let's face it, it's not as if any of us have got other things to be doing! So frustrating. @mjm2705 has tweeted - good move!

Maybe it's a calculated move by Fitbit to get us to buy the newer scale. I certainly hope not but it wouldn't surprise me......

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am regretting my recent purchase of 2 new Fitbits and we're using Premium. We moved from our Apple watches (everything else we have is Mac) back to Fitbit because we liked the simplicity. We just like to monitor exercise, weight and sleep when we're on a health kick and Fitbit was really successful last time. From previous comments maybe the Apple upgrade would have been a better option but it's expensive for what we will use it for 😞 - Maybe I'll go back to old fashioned scales as I'm now beginning to doubt if they're even reading correctly. That's the problem once you start to lose faith in a product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you blaher, I advised the chat agent of the lack of reply from the API, this seemed to change the tack from trying to get my unit to work to passing the problem up the chain.  The chat agent - if true to his word - will pass it up and hopefully I will receive an email advising me of the resolution.  I get the impression that at some point the scales will start working again, provided fitbit fix it at their end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been chatting to them... no progress

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got the same problem and found this page.

Just what we need - I was doing well in dry jan!

Hopefully given so many of us with problems we can solve.

is there a way to export data to apple health btw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Catters88 wrote:

is there a way to export data to apple health btw?

Have you asked support, I've heard they have a great support chat? Only kidding... found ‎Health Import from Fitbit on the App Store (apple.com)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done a Twitter post as well.

Maybe we can all add #arianosync to our Twitter posts to help make it easier to put them all together

Best Answer
0 Votes

They responded pretty fast on Twitter to be fair but just suggested the usual sync troubleshooting ...

I now have an open support ticket and a word of caution that 'wait times are longer than usual' ...

I won't hold my breath waiting for this to be resolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've been through the troubleshooting and they can't fix it. Also, the Aria scale is now not connected and stuck in setup mode so bricked. Apparently someone is going to email me within a day to outline 'my options'!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an app called SyncSolver to push data from Fitbit to Apple health (when Fitbit actually syncs properly)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought my Aria was bricked too, but it does seem to work as a dumb unit.  It will only read out in pounds and calls you a guest.  It appears that if it is left for a while it will drop out of "setup active" and act as a dumb scale (but also go into setup active after each use).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not at home to check but I'm fairly sure the scale stays connected to the wifi (after attempting to reconnect) but since it can't sync it goes back to SETUP ACTIVE.

This does seem to eventually timeout and you can use the scale. However, since I have been trying to fix it, it now has lost all configuration. It doesn't recognise individual users and also it seems to be in pounds when I had it set to kilograms.

As soon as syncing is resolved (rather IF it is) this should all go back the way it was as per my Fitbit account.

I use health sync.

I transfer weight from Fitbit to Google fit and transfer steps, heart rate from Google fit to Fitbit.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to my above, the firmware version of mine has been reverted to v23, this was in response to the Fitbit chat requiring me to press the tiny reset button, keeping it pressed while removing a battery for 10 seconds and replacing it.  I was fearful of doing this having read other posts saying it could cause other problems, but the unit has come back from that reset and still works as a dumb unit now in v23. 

Best Answer

I've also used Sync Solver for a long while and really like it, though I was playing about with it the other day and noticed it was only able to pull data from two years back (been using my Gen 1 Aria since 2016). Tried a different app called Fitbit Export (orange heart icon) and like that even more - pulls historic data, keeps time stamps, completely free.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Fitbit please honour your products and service by fixing this. I strongly suspect some update was done check in your app if the Aria icon didnt change. Mine was always a white scale and now is the black one .....

Best Answer
0 Votes