Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays the wrong weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wish was my scales are telling me was true, but alas they are telling lies. As unless I'd had surgery there is no way I could lose a stone overnight. I've changed batteries, resynced and cleaned all connectors. I've had these a long time but assume they are broken and will just have to buy a cheap set as can't afford new fitbit ones. 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is not tracking your weight accurately. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue before getting in touch with the Community. Please make sure that your profile settings and see if your weight, gender and height are correct. If the info is correct, change the units of measurement from stones to pounds and weigh yourself 1 time in order to sync the weigh in. After this has been done, go to the Aria settings again and change the units back to stones and weigh yourself one more time and see if your weight gets corrected. Rest assured that the units need to be changed from your personal info and the Aria settings page.

If the issue persists, set up your Aria from scratch and once your scale is set up, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and see if the issue gets corrected.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I tried that, when I swooped kg to lb it worked so I was happy,
however this morning it's reverted back to crazy weights. I have already
changed batteries and rejoined the network. The scales are always kept in
the same place, I think they've just had enough of me squashing them.

Sharon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just weighed three times in a row and each time a different weight. I'm throwing them in the rubbish and will buy manual scales. 

Best Answer

I wish that I can have a favorite but I can't afford it.

😔😟😢😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit scales in trash. Cheaper ones bought that work perfectly will never spend that much on scales again. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue. Since the issue persists, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

@Elizabeth1234 Thanks for joining us in our Fitbit Community! I totally understand how you feel but I hope you can get one soon  my friend.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

As this seems to be a problem, very very many customers seem to have, I am not sure how it seems odd to anyone that it happening again. It took me over a year to notice as I was not using it that much, but it is a defective product, not fit for purpose and should be taken off the market and every user reimbursed. A scale that gives you the wrong weight, that costs over £100, ridiculous.

Best Answer

@RR_R I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your Aria scale. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally decided to use this scale after receiving as a gift just about over 1 year ago. 

New out of the box I ran the initial setup and got it to show in the Fitbit app. 

But now every time I try it to weigh myself it reads about 100 pounds lower than my actual weight. I’ve tried several things that I’ve seen others suggest but it still reads my weight wrong. I’m not sure how or why it wouldn’t weigh properly. I can understand software acting up but weights from a scale?

what gives here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Danimal_ Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not displaying your weight accurately, even though you have troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. In order to assist you accordingly, please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried in order to avoid providing the same information.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may be the problem I am having. Originally thought it was the scales sending the wrong weight to the app as the synched weight had an extra stone added. Checked my weight on a different scale and found the app had it right it was the scales that were embellishing the truth. Doesn't look like a fix has been found that lasts unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes