Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria doesn’t know me after drastic weight loss

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m recovering from an extended hospital stay during which I lost 25 lbs. I want to track my weight gain during my recovery but my Arial 2 no longer recognizes me. How do I reintroduce myself to my scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Kozmickid and welcome to the Community.  First, I'm glad you are home from the hospital and I wish you a continued recovery.  Second, it's part of the programming that an eight pound weight difference is enough to make you a guest on your own scale.  Please try the following:

• Step on your scale with socks on
  • If you get head with a question mark icon, step off and see if your icon appears
  • If so, you should see an X on the left and a check mark on the right, so tap your foot on the check mark side in the upper right of the scale
  • If it confuses you with another user, tap your foot in the upper left
  • Step on the scale again with bare feet and go through the steps again
  • Step on the scale again and see if you are recognized

If you can't get the scale to recognize you, then you might need to remove it and set it up again.

My Aria 2 makes me a GUEST on my own scale every two weeks or so and I weigh myself daily.  Fitbit made a change a few months ago and now all GUEST weights go to cyberspace somewhere.  So I've been going through this routine every two weeks since this change.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for the quick response!

I tried this and I'm still a guest on my own scale. I guess I'll have to do a hard reboot and set myself up again. 

Thanks again!

Best Answer