Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria doesn't turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria runs almost all the time and won't turn off.   It switches between different messages such as "please step on" to "sensing" and others when no one is in the room.  It does occasionally stop but not for long.  It eventually wears its batteries down doing this within a few days.

I've tried cleaning off the deck and obviously changing batteries but I'm at the point of just throwing the thing out.  

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

@Blackjacko I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale can't be fixed and it's out of warranty. I definitely understand how frustrating this can be and thank you for your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I got to try this and see if it works… Hey goo goo

Best Answer

Yes have been through this, the cheap load cell supports are broken so the weight of the glass is pressing down activating it, you will need to sit it on edge, in a short while the word error will show up, you will then try and to get help from Fitbit where they will ignore you and send you automated replies, they have your money and don’t need to deal with you anymore, to which you will end up throwing your $200 investment that’s over a year old into the trash and avoid Fitbit like the plague, as I have done... sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you’re still under the year of warranty coverage.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Sounds exactly like my nighttime with Fitbit. I will NEVER buy their products again due to their horrific customer service.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Aria won’t turn itself off. It keeps switching messages between Sensing and Step On and is draining the batteries. I called Fitbit Support just now and was on the phone with them for over 40 minutes, mostly on hold, and finally they told me that there is nothing they can do for me because my scale is out of warranty. I asked if I could take it somewhere and get it repaired and they told me NO. Can I get a replacement? NO!! Can I get a discount or credit toward purchasing a new one? NO!! What a huge waste of money!! What a terrible customer service too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TALLfreak Thank you for joining us in the Community! I want to follow up and would like to know if you are experiencing issues with your Aria scale. Please provide more details of the issue and I'll be happy to follow up.

@Blackjacko @Redmerkin Thank you for getting back and welcome to the forums @SensStepSensWe’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Please visit this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take me out of this post. Your Aria is garbage and that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Judzer Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your request, you can unsubscribe from this thread by going to the top of this thread and click on the "gear" icon (located at the upper right hand of the first post) and click on "Unsubscribe".

Let me know if you have more questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing what you've learned Blackjacko.  I am having the exact same issue and your posts will keep me from wasting more of  my time with Fitbit.  The responses to this forum from Fitbit are beyond ridiculous.  So... into the trash goes my scale, my money and my opinion of Fitbit.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattd73 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale experienced the same issue. I know how frustrating this can be for you. I would like to help you and turn that bad experience into a good experience.

I'd like you to try some troubleshooting steps in order to fix this issue. Take out the batteries and clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts or springs may accumulate. After this, put the batteries back in and see if your scale works properly. If you already tried these steps, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

See you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Aria won't switch off and no longer functions effectively. It seems Like a fault?

pls help

rgds Tinge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tinge Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale doesn't turn off. Please try taking out the batteries and clean the contacts as advised in my previous post in order to remove dust from the contacts.

In addition, since you mentioned that your scale is not working effectively, please let me know more details about the issues that it's experiencing.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
We had same issue ... Reset see if that helps ..we bought new one in the end . Cheers

Sent from my Jim's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@freounder16 I'm sorry that the issue couldn't be fixed. However, I'm glad to hear that you are back on track with a new one. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

it makes sense not to buy another Aria. Such a common issue that isn't
being fixed or resolved and customers expected to buy another one when the
product fails in this fairly consistent and untimely manner. I will
purchase renpho next. Cheaper but reviews suggest better reliability.
Time to switch from Fitbit too.
So will explore applewatch paired with renpho.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal info 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tinge I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale. I totally understand how frustrated you are. I appreciate your feedback and comments about this since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately for us who made the investment in our Aria, your appreciation and use to make future products better, do not help those of us who are current users and are getting hosed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TALLfreak Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to follow up on this issue. I would like to know if have troubleshooted this issue. If so, please provide more details about the issue and what troubleshooting steps you have tried. This info will help me to determine the cause of the issue and provide the correct assistance.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 2 issues
1) did not switch off. Then due after a couple of days when batts ran out.

2) would not give a weight result. Would say thinking thinking then Er

Thanks
--

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tinge Thank you for getting back! I'd like to know if you tried the workaround that I recommended previously, which consists in cleaning the contacts of your scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this, try a new set of batteries.

Finally, make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot and still.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes