Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria draining batteries and will not turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please note.  I am an IT Solutions Architect with over 25 years of networking and software development experience.  I literally can sniff the ethernet packets originating from and going to the Aria scale.

I have the same problem.  This started to occur recently, interestingly also at the 2 year threshold of the warranty.

The scale burns through batteries rapidly.  The scale does not turn off or go into standby.  I have a Buffalo WRT build router and Spectrum broad band. 

There are numerous threads on the internet, this forum and on YouTube.  Please just give me the facts about what the issues is.  I don't have issues updating.  I don't  have issues with sync

I don't have issues with internet access .  The issues is specific to the scale burning through batteries in less than 7 days...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I can't offer any hope - just a bit of sympathy!  I had the same issue when my aria was around 3-1/2 years old.  Burned throigh plenty of batteries!  A little less than a year later, i got caught in the sensing, step off loop!  (lots of content in this community on that issue!)  Tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find.  Nothing.  Finally contacted support.  The rep was polite, but completely ineffective.  Frustrating when fitbit knows they have an issue and offer nothing!  I think a token discount on a replacement would have been acceptable, but nothing!  Anyway, i ordered an aria 2 today.  I know, I know - what was i thinking?  Ive been pretty invested in the fitbit ecosystem for about 6 years, and I'm just not quite ready to give up!  For me, this is the final swing!  I truly hope that your battery issue doesn't go the way that mine did!  Good luck!  

Best Answer
0 Votes