Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria draining batteries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria for 2 years, I had loved it! However this past month I have experience some problems with it. It told me to change the batteries due to them being low I did this and was able to connect to the wifi. However 2 weeks later my batteries are drained, due to it not shutting off.I replaced the batteries and tried connecting to the wifi now it says wifi error, I have talked to customer service and they told me its my internet connection that I have to speak to my internet provider because they changed something. Which I think is a lame excuse. Nothing has changed our modem and router are all the same, passords havent changed, internet provider hasn't changed or their signals. This is a very frustrating situation! I decided to use it as a regular scale not connected to the internet but now it says step off thinking ERR. I realize its older however I paid a lot of money for this scale. Customer serivce was disappointing the scale is disappointing the experience is disappointing!!!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

@JenniferSteven It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear about the error messages that you are getting on your Aria's display after replacing the batteries. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments about this.

I would like you to just make sure that your router is using the protocol 802.11b. If you are not familiar where to check this info, please get in touch with your Internet service provider.

In the meantime, please restart your Aria by taking out the 4 batteries again for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this same problem consistently with my Aria - in fact, this is the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) Aria I've bought because of this battery problem.  After speaking to customer service, my Aria is beyond its one-year warranty.  Sadly, after many years with Fitbit (and the purchase of each Fitbit generation of product), I think my family may be at the end of the road and ready to switch to Apple watch.  Customer service was completely unsatisfactory - they admitted this is a problem with this scale, and others have encountered the same battery issue (I can also see on line how many people are frustrated with the issue!).  Fitbit - you can do better!...

Best Answer

@wbb145 Thanks for joining our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your Aria scales and I'm sorry to hear that it's no longer under warranty. I really understand your frustration about it and I appreciate your feedback and comments about the warranty. The warranty is good for 365 days. Your feedback will be forwarded to our team.

For more information about the warranty policy, please visit this page.

Let me know if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand the warranty perfectly. Given this is a repeat problem with your scale, maybe you should think about fixing the technology rather than saddling your patient customers with a lousy product? Many others on line are having this exact same problem.

Please note my new email, willa.baynard@gmail.com. Thank you!
Best Answer

Exact same situation here. I just got off the phone with Fitbit's customer service. "There's nothing we can do at this point" (no repair options, no trade-in program, and of course, no replacement or discount on a new scale).

Lousy product, with obvious systematic failures. 

Like you, after almost 3 years of using multiple Fitbit products, I'm ready to move on. 

Best Answer

@wbb145 @FranciscoSF I totally understand how you feel about this. Your feedback and comments will be sent to the rest of our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having the same problem,  3 sets of brand new batteries all drained. My scales are 2 years old.  This is not good enough. 

What is fitbit doing about this?

Best Answer

@Hollypet Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that the set of batteries have drained quickly. Let me go ahead and follow up on this issue in order to find a solution. If you haven't done so, please take out the batteries of the scale. After this, try cleaning the contacts or springs of with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. Finally, put the batteries back in and see if the batteries last more time.

There are times that the dust that the contacts accumulate, may affect the functionality of the batteries and scale.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I threw it out I had called twice and was told oh well, you are going to have to buy I new one. I will not be purchasing another Aria scale!!!
Jennifer

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@JenniferSteven I'm sorry to hear that the warranty has expired. I totally know how you feel about this and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It should of lasted longer then 2 years!
Jen

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's possibly sorted.  Had to move the scales for wifi oddly as well as replace batteries and then re-setup.  It now seems ok but the batteries are new and last time it took 5 days to drain them.  We are 3 days in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenniferSteven Thank you for your comments and feedback.

@Hollypet Thank you for getting back! If you see that the new set of batteries also drain, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

See you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the 2 year point and had exact same issue. Called customer service just now, out of warranty, Aria 2, blah blah blah. But we can give you free overnight shipping. So I ordered a different scale from Amazon, delivery today, cheaper, 5500 reviews and nearly five stars. So hopefully this will work. At this point the regular death of my Fitbit products is pushing me off the Fitbit wagon. When this Blaze dies (and this is hubby's, mine already stopped holding a charge) I may just have to look elsewhere.

Best Answer
I agree with you my blaze is holding the charge not as long as it should and it’s just 2 years old. I will not purchase another Fitbit product, which sucks because I like the Fitbit community:/(

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@karmackayo @JenniferSteven Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments. I totally understand how you feel since your Aria scales are not longer under warranty.. This helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. I guess I wownt bother calling Fitbit since there is no real solution to this issue. Bye by Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Bebaroman Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the battery issues you are experiencing with your Aria scale. I would like to help and turn this bad experience into a good experience.

If you haven't done so, please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of your scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contact may accumulate and affects the functionality of the Aria.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Jeepers I threw it out. I had done what you suggested plus talked to the call Center. From what I hear from the community, is it’s no the users it is the product. Maybe Fitbit should make a scale that last longer than 2 years. Or maybe you could read all the other comments in the community that have claimed the same thing I have.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer