Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria draining batteries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria for 2 years, I had loved it! However this past month I have experience some problems with it. It told me to change the batteries due to them being low I did this and was able to connect to the wifi. However 2 weeks later my batteries are drained, due to it not shutting off.I replaced the batteries and tried connecting to the wifi now it says wifi error, I have talked to customer service and they told me its my internet connection that I have to speak to my internet provider because they changed something. Which I think is a lame excuse. Nothing has changed our modem and router are all the same, passords havent changed, internet provider hasn't changed or their signals. This is a very frustrating situation! I decided to use it as a regular scale not connected to the internet but now it says step off thinking ERR. I realize its older however I paid a lot of money for this scale. Customer serivce was disappointing the scale is disappointing the experience is disappointing!!!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

@JenniferSteven I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is defective and it's no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days, starting from the date of purchase. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Please visit this page for more information about the warranty policies.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I understand about warranties, thank you. What I don’t understand is that if this is an occurring problem for other users why isn’t more being done? That it’s pushed under the rug blaming the users the people who purchase these from the company.
Actually had boughten two Aria scales they both died with the same problem I only complained about the second one because I am cheesed off that I spent this much money to be told it needed new batteries, and that my internet was on the wrong connection. When in reality it’s the companies problem and they don’t care!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@JenniferSteven I totally understand how you feel about this. Your feedback and comments are being sent to our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria Scale is on the fritz.  Since March it will not sync with my watch.  I called Fitbit and we could not resolve and gave up.  Now it’s not displaying weight when I step off.  Keeps saying “step off” multiple times.  If I gently touch with toe it goes to Thinking and eventually shows my weight. It has burned through 4 battery changes in a week.  I have confirmed that the protocol on my router is 802.11b.  I give up!!!!  Time to buy and old fashion Scale that never break. 

Best Answer

@Nfoxx It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that the batteries you've used with your Aria are draining fast. I totally understand how you feel about this. I would like to know what did our Support team tell you and how long ago did you contact them?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, No-one responded and I gave up and bought a scale at Target. After reading several internet posts I learned it’s an ongoing problem with this scale. 😕

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Nfoxx I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale. I how how frustrating this was for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, did that resolve the battery drain issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cewant Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Due to your post, I assume that the batteries that you use with your Aria scale are draining fast. If this is correct, I'd like you to take the batteries out and clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts accumulate.

After this, try a new set of batteries and monitor their behavior.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey fit bit.  A $129 scale should last a decade. .  Otherwise, I could have bought 5 scales.  So sad, because I've purchased 3 fit bits and an Aria.  The Aria scale was a costly dud.

Best Answer
Gave up after burning through so many batteries. No help from Fitbit I was out f warranty. I’ve had scales that have lasted decades. Very disappointed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Had my Aria scales a few years but even though on the app it says battery full, they never are. I only weigh myself twice a month so not over used. My settings are for text or email when battery is low but never get notifications. I think the scales are going the same place as my ‘charge’ - the bin. Getting expensive replacing batteries every month.

I’ve put 4 new batteries in and then after weighing this morning I took 1 out which I shall replace on a ‘weigh day’.

The thing I don’t understand is that although I only got on the scale once on the ‘app’ it shows 2 different weights at the same time of morning?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Just give up... the scales crap. I hope only had mine two years and it was a waste of money. Sorry!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This is a persistent problem that can’t be fixed by removing the batteries, changing the batteries or weighing yourself multiple times.  A new set of batteries lasts about a week or two before they’re dead.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. Have cleaned contacts, checked WiFi and refreshed batteries. Only solution is to remove batteries and setup WiFi every time I need to use the scales. Such a shame that the expected usage life is only a year on such an expensive product. Won’t be buying anymore Fitbit products.

Best Answer

After reading through this thread I solved my problem, thanks!  I moved my aria original scale to where the wifi signal was stronger and it solved it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even I have the same issue 

I feel its something to do with their software.

its not worth buying aria 

I ordered wyze scale which cost $20

compared to aria $200+ Not worth it 

Best Answer

Once upon a time, I was at my dad's house. A kitchen timer went off, and he went into the laundry room and came back. I asked what he was doing, because he wasn't gone very long.
The timer on his Maytag washing machine had quit advancing the dial, so he just turned the knob to the next cycle, and set the timer for when he should switch to the next cycle.

I opened the timer, and found a gear had stripped.

I found the manufacturer of the timer, and called them, in Chicago. They didn't have a customer service department, since they only did wholesale, but I wound up talking to one of the engineers. He apologized about the timer. He said that they didn't realize that Maytag was buying them for use in washing machines. The plastic being used would get soft in the presence of soap vapors.

The washing machine was probably 15 years old or more at the time.

He sent me a new timer, at no charge.

Today, I opened my malfunctioning Aria scale, and found plastic that is not suitable for the job, broken in two places.
Too bad for me that it wasn't designed correctly.

Two of three legs broken, on a foot supportTwo of three legs broken, on a foot support

I too have had multiple Fitbit products, usually because the previous one broke under warranty, or because they offered me a discount after warranty expiration.

I am amazed that they are still in business, but I guess I am a repeat customer, because I am an idiot.

The scale seems to have a problem with poor build quality, sometimes fixable by opening it up and rearranging the wires so they aren't pinched by internal plastic ribs.
Or cheap plastic parts supporting the feet, that break. I think this is the problem with mine, although I haven't taken it apart. Fussing with the feet made mine work for a while.

For reference - I used this video to figure out how to get the back off the scale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDEvXJIW4lY

And a 3D printable replacement plastic part, if you can print:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2988535

I see many people have been reporting their FitBit Aria failing. in the same way i.e. the Step-on, sensing, step-off, thinking, Err Error. Unfortunately min...
Best Answer

Funny I still have a Maytag W&D that’s 28 years old.  I get it serviced occasionally and the tech always says don’t get rid of either.  I tossed my Aria scale months ago.  It wasn’t  worth the stress and support from Fitbit.  My $20 scale is just fine and I can plug in my weight on the app.  Hope maybe they’ll take care of your issue.  I wouldn’t hold my breath!

Best Answer

I had the same problem at 3 years. I bought my Aria in 2012!! 

I really wanted to keep it and tech support was no help. My solution was to get 8 rechargeable batteries/charger and rotate them. Not the most elegant but my Aria is still functioning at 8 years. I've lost track of how long the batteries last.  I just swap them out. I've been using the same Amazon rechargeable batteries for a few years now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes