Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria draining batteries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria for 2 years, I had loved it! However this past month I have experience some problems with it. It told me to change the batteries due to them being low I did this and was able to connect to the wifi. However 2 weeks later my batteries are drained, due to it not shutting off.I replaced the batteries and tried connecting to the wifi now it says wifi error, I have talked to customer service and they told me its my internet connection that I have to speak to my internet provider because they changed something. Which I think is a lame excuse. Nothing has changed our modem and router are all the same, passords havent changed, internet provider hasn't changed or their signals. This is a very frustrating situation! I decided to use it as a regular scale not connected to the internet but now it says step off thinking ERR. I realize its older however I paid a lot of money for this scale. Customer serivce was disappointing the scale is disappointing the experience is disappointing!!!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

I ordered an Aria 2, because Fitbit has me hooked. I hate the lack of reliability of their products, but I keep coming back. I hate the crappy little pieces that fail, like this poorly designed plastic spring, or every wristband on every Fitbit I've owned, and the eight different chargers that I have, the current one of which I have to set down ever so gently so it will continue to charge, and not break connection when I set it down.

I am trying to convince a friend to 3D print the broken parts for the Aria scale, but he says they are too thin.

Now that I now what causes the battery drain, two workarounds occur to me.

1- Lean it against the wall, and set it on its feet only when it is in use.

2- Put something under it to lift it off the floor just enough to un-trigger the wakeup. Maybe a small towel under the body of the scale, but not the feet, that would compress out of the way when you step on the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same exact problem

NOTHING in my house has changed 

the only other thing that may have changed is that my Fitbit Ionic died around the same time. My Ionic will not charge at all 

My Aria - the original will take the batteries and keeps saying to set up. which I keep trying to do. it can see my wifi, but then won't connect - looking to replace all things Fitbit now unless someone can tell me how to fix both of my products. 

Best Answer
I will never buy again!!! $19.99 scale is perfect. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with Aria Scale bought in May 2015. The batteries never used to drain fast but in last year or so I noticed them getting used up faster. I didn't think too much of it at first  but sometimes I would see the display light up when for no reason and it just go into a loop. We have no pets lol. Anyway I started using rechargeable batteries and this helps but is not a solution. So is this really a firmware problem or is plastic feet related? I think the plastic feet problem is more likely to be the cause as when it was new there was no issue. I like the scale and it's automatic uploading over wifi but I also have issue with fitbit products only lasting a few years. I had many watches but kept going back because the app suits my needs and it's the same for the scale. Annoying. Fitbit products are not for life but pets are. 

Best Answer

I like the tracking and body fat %.

We have three regular users.

I bought a new one.

The old one had bad feet, and was constantly cycling.

If I had known, I would just have leaned the scale against the wall between uses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues.  I didn’t use it for almost the whole year, then put brand-new batteries in.  They lasted only 2 days.  It’s been trouble since almost the beginning, and I just keep putting new batteries in,  Loved the idea of a scale being synced with my Fitbit, but I will have to take the batteries out and insert them every time I use it I guess.  I was going to buy a new one, but apparently they are all faulty after reading these comments.

:-(. Sad because the Fitbit is so great! 

Best Answer

@Leagle29 wrote:

I will have to take the batteries out and insert them every time I use it

Just lean it up against the wall. Or turn it on its face.

Best Answer
The problem is the scale comes on with minimal vibration so it comes on
many times a day. A simple solution would have been for the scale to be
'smart' enough not to activate for less than 50lbs or so. One solution is
to keep it on it's side so the feet are not in contact with anything.

P.
Best Answer

Our aria is doing this too. . . Just changed the batteries for the 3rd time in 2 months.  Just checked and our protocol is 802.11ac 

So now what?

Disappointed that the Aria is not working - it’s past warranty but only a few years old which isn’t OLD!!  Please advise.

Kathie

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could try the 3D replacement feet mentioned above.

I bought a new Aria.

I think I'll give the old one to my college son, and tell him to lean it against the wall.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Design flaw. It is the sensor on one of the padded feet. Just lean the scale against the wall and put it flat when u use it.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ray_casey wrote:
Design flaw. It is the sensor on one of the padded feet. Just lean the scale against the wall and put it flat when u use it.

You didn't read any of the posts about the broken feet?

Best Answer

My solution has been to get a set of rechargeable batteries. Whenever it runs out, I recharge, and then replace the batteries the next morning. Not the most elegant, but I have not had to buy new batteries in a few years.  I've been using my Aria for about 4 years like this. Amazon rechargeable batteries. Not an elegant solution, but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These generic “cut and past” responses are infuriating!!

Best Answer

I had no trouble for a couple of years when we were on a concrete slab. Now we are in a house with floor boards, the floor bounces and the scales turn on which drains the batteries. this is my theory - they are too sensitive!

A problem to deal with Mr Fitbit Bot?

Best Answer
0 Votes