Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria giving incorrect BMI even though my height information is correct

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a 5'1" female, weighing 114.2 LBS. The Aira is saying my BMI is 28.9!!!!  According to FitBit Aira I am GROSSLY OVERWEIGHT.  I walk daily, I do aerobics, yoga, hiking, weightlifting, and sometimes FITT.  There is *absolutely* NO way I have a BMI of 28.9, yet, that's what the Aria has been saying since day one, which means 5 or more years now.  I've been ignoring it, but for the price I paid for that thing why is it that it is WRONG?

Standard BMI is calculated taking weight divided by height.  That makes my actual BMI 21.5 which is NORMAL.

I have checked my settings (they show my correct height) I've rebooted the Aria several times (considering I've had to replace the batteries that is done by default also), yet it continues to show this outrageous BMI.  This is SIMPLE math, it's standard BMI that should be measured on this device.  It's not the newer one, it's the original!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure you are looking at BMI, not body fat %?

My Aria 2 does not show BMI, and I didn't think any Fitbit scales did, though it can be seen in phone app.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Are you sure you are looking at BMI, not body fat %?

My Aria 2 does not show BMI, and I didn't think any Fitbit scales did, though it can be seen in phone app.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRowyou are correct. Thanks!  I just weighed myself on the scale with my socks on since I knew it would give an error.  The error was *BF?' not 'BMI?" Guess I always saw the first letter and filled in the rest.  It still seems kinda high though, but better than if it were BMI, I suppose, LOL!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes