Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria is not giving accurate readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my complaints about the Aria when I first set it up. As with other scales of its type, it seemed that its calculations for weight and BF% were inaccurate, but I was willing to overlook that as long as it did a decent job tracking changes. It doesn't. For the past month, despite my diligent following of my program, weighing myself every Sunday morning under identical conditions (I make certain of that) and my obvious leaning out (as evidenced by the mirror and dropped clothing size(s)) the Aria has not budged. At all. 

At this point it is too late for me to return it. So I am hoping that someone can give me some kind of troubleshooting advice that will "fix" it and reassure me that I have something more than a large, glass covered $130 bill taking up space in my powder room.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@lexikate81 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the inaccurate weight readings that you've gotten from your Aria scale. Thank you by the way, the troubleshooting steps that you've tried before contacting our forums.

I know how frustrating this is for you. However, let me provide a couple of troubleshooting steps that have been helpful. Please re-calibrate your scale by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times. Also, make sure that your scale is on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot and still.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! We moved house and ever since then, our scale has been terrible. I weighed myself 4 consecutive times and each time the readings are very different. I am just about ready to throw the thing away. I have one of the analog scales and it is much more accurate, by about 4 lbs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tracha please make sure the scale is on a hard surface and not picked up our moved between readings of your weight.

After the tracker is moved it needs to be calibrated, and the first 3 weighings are part of the calibration process. The 4 the reading would be the first reading that should be trusted and why @JuanJoFitbit suggested to do 5 readings. So your correct with only 4 readings you should expect to see 4 different results. This is explained in the user manual, non-usa manual

Please also be aware that the average person will find that their weight may vary up to 5 pounds throughput the day.

Best Answer

@Tracha Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate weight readings either even though you've weighed yourself a few times before. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the advice that shared my friend @Rich_Laue.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I reweighed myself 30 times and it kept getting worse - like by 40
pounds. I'd wait a week and try again, same results. I ended up throwing it
out.

Susan
Best Answer

@suetuckey I'm sorry to hear that the issue persisted and you decided to throw away your Aria. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have this problem.

The customer service people were unhelpful.
They made me weigh myself 6 times in succession. my weight changed by 3kgs from the lowest to the highest in those 6 times.
the highest weight was more than 6kgs than my actual weight (confirmed by two other scales)
The customer service person agreed it was defective and wait for it..
Suggested i buy a new scale!

Because the scale is older than a year they will do NOTHING to help their customers.
I will never be buying another fitbit product again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes