Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria is randomly turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting yesterday Aria will randomly flash to step on the scale, searches, tries to sync. This goes on for a minute, it turns off, and then a few minutes later it happens again. Yesterday I stepped on thinking that would make it stop. Moments later it happened again. This morning it happened about half an hour after I weighed myself. A few minutes ago it happened again. It has not been moved or bumped into at all. The batteries don't need to be changed. It's really freaking me out.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

This is totally not what your scale shoud be doing @pollysaid! In this situation, I'd recommend removing all the batteries, waiting for about 10 secs and then but them all back in and keep an eye on it and see if it works fine after that. If this continues to happen, I'd say there might be something going on with the sensors, so feel free to get in touch with the Support Team and they will be happy to get you back on track!

Let me know if you need anything else and welcome to the Community! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

We have the same problem - the scale turns on in the middle of the night, middle of the day, whenever.  It stays on for a minute or two, then shuts off.  ...  And a minute or two later, on it goes again.   Not surprisingly, we get an email every few months saying the batteries need replacing.  Weird ....

Best Answer

@OperaRapFan Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Since you are experiencing the same issue, I'd like to know if you have already restarted your Aria by replacing the batteries as mentioned in my friend @FerdinandFitbit's post. If you have done so, I suggest you to contact our support and they'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing.  Whtat's wrong with my sensors?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carlsondan36 It's great to see you in the Community!

The sensors seem to be affecting the measurements internlly and if you already tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in, I also recommend contacting support so they can investigate the cause of the issue.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I replaced the batteries with new ones.  That helped for a few days.  Then the scale died.  It was 3.5 years old.

Best Answer

I have the same problem and have for months!  It turns on, and stays on, at all times of the day and night, even when there's nothing near it. I have removed the batteries countless times. Now I'm getting an ERR message when it tries to determine my weight. By the way, my scale is less than a year old.

Best Answer

Hi there guys @galey @Qubert. Welcome to the Community!

@Qubert, I'm sorry that your scale is no longer responding. Since you've already tried removing the batteries and this didn't work, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Support Team for them to take a deper look. Please keep in mind that the warranty on Fitbit products is of one year but I'm pretty sure that our Support dept will do their best to help you out!

@galey, If you're getting an ERR message and you have also tried removing the batteries to no availe, please also get in touch with the Support Team for them to provide more help with this.

If any of you need more help, be sure to let me know! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Okay so this is an issue happening for a bunch of people including myself. I try calling support but then you say it is out of warranty and cannot be fixed without a ridiculous cost? Never buying a fitbit product again...
Best Answer

Happened to me as well. Has been doing that for months, and although the scale keeps working, it drains the batteries very quickly.

I still think the Aria is an excellent product, so I ended up getting a new scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing the same exact thing.  The scale just "turned" 2 years old, but Fitbit essentially said "sorry, it's out of warranty".  Did anyone have any solutions beyond buying a new scale from another company?

Best Answer
Hey @Shinny Fitbit told me the same thing: Out of warranty, too bad.
Best Answer

The solution Fitbit provides (take the battery out for a few minutes and the put it back in) works for about two days. There is no long term solution ... other than the one I eventually went with: put the Aria in the trash and buy a new scale but most definitely NOT A NEW ARIA. THE ARIA IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Mine is out of warranty and is doing the same. Chews through batteries and inconsistent results. Doesn't notice you getting off etc. Since they are a few years old and otherwise have been good I was going to buy another set but the problem still seems to be widespread and the canned fob off support responses you people are getting on here have made my mind up to look elsewhere now.

Best Answer

@BhindiBhaji Thanks for joining us in this thread and the Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not working as it should. I would like to know if you have tried changing the batteries. If so, I recommend taking the batteries out, clean the contacts of the scale, where the batteries are placed with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this, please put the batteries back in and check out if the issue persists.

Get back my friend if more help is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noticed my started turning on.  It says to step on the scale then it goes the the half circle "sensing" routine with the 2 circluar arrows for a while.  I just changed the batteries and its still doing this.

Best Answer

@SuperSaint70 Thanks for participating in the Fitbit Community! Now that you have changed the batteries, please make sure that your Aria is placed on an even and flat surface. If your Aria keeps turning on by itself, try changing it to another place as long as it's even and flat and check out if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

i think it is pretty rude to dismiss us with a "have you tried removing the batteries?"  yes. obviously we have since the scale now chews through them, as it is on all the time. I came to the message board to find a solution, not to be insulted. 

Best Answer

There's obviously a fairly common hardware fault whereby the scale believes there is weight on it when there is not. It's unlikely there is a permanent fix through firmware and they're not going to admit a fault on this forum. Best thing to do is return if within warranty and if not remember the support you got on this forum when choosing to spend your hard earned money next time. 

Best Answer